Project Planner - VR/26538
Join a global oil and gas operator who are looking for a Project Planner for an initial 12-month PAYE contract with the view to extend annually.
The Project Planner provides planning support to the North Sea projects group and will be responsible for developing and maintaining all project plans using Primavera P6, progressing the plans, as well as preparing and issuing weekly update reports.
Overview job description
- Maintaining good communication with the Project Managers and Project Teams keeping them aware of any delays or deviations from the baseline plan, clashes / SIMOPS, scope growth, resourcing or POB issues and propose recovery schedules.
- Regular communication with all Project Team members is essential to develop the project plans and gather progress at regular intervals.
- Engaging with external vendors / sub-contractors / project planners for any planning updates as and when required.
- Liaising with key onshore and offshore personnel to provide updates to the project plans.
- Engaging with the integrated activity planner regularly and keep them informed of any changes to the project plans.
- Issuing regular project plan updates to the Project Managers and Project Teams.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Developing multiple project plans in Primavera P6 using a WBS + Activity code structure, associated activities, and resources.
- Creating a baseline plan and monitor progress.
- Creating ‘what-if’ scenario plans if required.
- Creating progress reports from P6 (plans, histograms, s-curves) and monitoring progress against these.
- Responsible for identifying, highlighting, and resolving any delays, clashes or SIMOPS in a timely manner to minimise delays to the project plans.
- Regularly reviewing Project POB requirements to ensure efficient execution.
- Attending any activity planning meetings if required.
- Integrating and / or importing vendor / subcontractor plans into the project plans.
- Attending weekly and monthly planning meetings.
- Preparing and issuing weekly and monthly updated project plans and associated reports.
- Supporting plan reviews, tender reviews, client meetings, and kick-off meetings.
Applicants to this role require
- Experience of precedent planning and critical path methods.
- Experience of precedence planning and critical path methods.
- Primavera P6 experienced user (to include EPS, WBS, activity codes, baselines, report writing, importing and exporting projects).
- Knowledge of integrated planning, gated execution criteria and coding of activities for inclusion in activity plans.
- Bachelor’s degree educated (in Engineering or relevant subject matter).
- 10 years Project Planning experience, ideally to include:
o FEED / Detailed Engineering & Design;
o Topsides Modifications;
o Brownfield and Greenfield Modifications;
o Module Removal / Installation / Hook-ups;
o Subsea Pipelines / Bundles / Trees;
- Good understanding of large Brownfield Modifications Projects with Topsides and Subsea experience.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team