Property Services Manager - VR/23306
The Team Leader - Major Works will take a lead role in project managing the delivery of the Association’s Planned Maintenance and Major Repairs programmes. This will include the upgrade of kitchens, bathrooms, heating, windows and doors along with works such as fabric repairs, insurance works, disabled adaptations and any other works considered too large or complex to be classified as a reactive repair.
The Team Leader will work closely with the Property Manager, Team Leader – Repairs and Voids, Property Compliance Coordinator and colleagues in the Property team to successfully deliver the Asset Management Strategy and ensure a high quality, professional service to tenants and other customers.
Qualification / Training / Experience
- Construction related qualification (such as Quantity Surveying / Building Surveying / Architecture / Construction Project Management or similar) or relevant industry experience.
- Experience of working in a customer focussed environment.
- Experience of preparing tenders and managing tender processes.
- Experience managing contractors.
- Experience managing construction projects.
- Project Management qualification.
- Experience of working in a social housing environment.
- Experience of line managing a team.
- Experience of public procurement.
Skills / Knowledge
- Good understanding of requirements of CDM Regulations.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise own workload and delegate effectively to others.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with people at all levels both orally and in writing.
- Excellent technical knowledge and understanding of different construction methods.
- Good IT skills including regular use of Office packages, particularly spreadsheets.
- Ability to read and understand construction information including NBS specifications, Bills of Quantities, construction drawings and contracts.
- Financial awareness and ability to manage budgets.
- Knowledge of data protection legislation.
- Knowledge of housing association regulation and associated legislation such as SHQS and EESSH.
- Adaptability and positive attitude.
- Willingness to learn and develop.
- Understanding and appreciation of customer care.
- Team player with ability to develop strong working relationships with others.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to deal effectively with conflict and challenging behaviour.
- Full UK driving licence – this post is classed as an essential car user and you are required to have a fully insured and road worthy vehicle available for work purposes.
- Ability to occasionally attend meetings or respond to emergencies outwith normal working hours.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team