Publications Officer - VR/26215
Opportunity for a Publications Officer to support on a fixed-term contract basis for 9 months. Based in Aberdeen City, this role can also be worked on a hybrid, or home-working basis. Experience in copywriting, publications or from a background in editorial would be essential for this role. High level accuracy and attention to detail would be essential for this post.
The Publications Officer is responsible for a range of projects which will develop and enhance the profile of the organisation regionally, nationally, and internationally.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Project-managing, liaising with a range of internal teams and colleagues to deliver the publication within budget to an agreed deadline.
- Managing and coordinating information.
- Commissioning, proofing and copy editing content from contributors, ensuring consistency of tone and style throughout.
- Sourcing appropriate images for print and web use, and to arrange photography where required.
- Assisting with art direction and design of publications.
- Liaising with teams to ensure consistency between print and digital publications and the website.
- Coordinating printing of publications.
- Undertaking any other relevant tasks.
- A relevant first-degree qualification, or equivalent experience.
- Experience of print and publication management.
- Excellent copywriting skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to take ownership of accuracy of content.
- Experience of commissioning copy and creating and managing publishing schedules.
- Excellent editorial skills and a strong sense of design.
- Familiarity with desktop publishing software including Photoshop and InDesign.
TMM Recruitment INDOS
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team