Purchasing Assistant - VR/28477
Purchasing Assistant required to join a reputable organisation providing oilfield equipment, technologies, and expertise to the energy sector. This is a 6-month position with the potential to become permanent.
As a Purchasing Assistant, you will report to the Lead Buyer and are required to be proactive, highly motivated, and organised.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Supporting Eastern Hemisphere Purchasing Team with all purchasing activities.
- Monitoring and expediting late Purchase and Works Orders.
- Liaising closely with the planning department for all items that will not meet the requirements of the production schedule and provide solutions as necessary.
- Supporting with the resolution of invoices pending payment in a timely manner, by performing detailed analysis to identify root cause of issue prohibiting invoice payment.
- Reviewing traceability number requests and issue numbers to suppliers.
- Reviewing tender requests and present information to Buyers with recommended order placement.
- Proactively monitoring supplier performance and developing vendors to improve on-time delivery, product quality and reduce lead-times.
- Assisting inventory control, when required, with any queries in goods receiving.
- Undertaking vendor analysis and selection along with identifying and establishing supply agreements to the benefit the organisation.
- Updating procedures, work instructions and manuals as per requirements.
- Participating in meetings and keep up to date on issues related to purchase order delivery, vendor performance, metrics, capacity constraints and other related supply chain issues.
- Achieving target on-time delivery and lead-time and inventory turn levels based on manufacturing and supply chain capacity/flexibility.
Our client is seeking a candidate with the following skills, experience, and knowledge:
- Able to understand, evaluate and apply technical information.
- Anticipates the impact of change and rises to the challenge, with the ability to accept risk and uncertainty.
- Be willing to provide colleagues with the information they need to complete their tasks and eliminate roadblocks.
- Able to define, work within and improve business processes based on immediate and future business needs.
- Strong attention to detail with a good level of numeracy.
- A talent for problem-solving and driving issues to closure.
- Will be energised by challenges and drawn towards opportunities.
- Confident and professional when representing the company in person and in writing.
- Highly organised with the ability to multi-task.
- Can be counted on to take personal responsibility in challenging situations and be willing to engage in disputes in order to settle them equitably.
- A strong sense of customer focus (internal/external).
- Firm and diplomatic when negotiating.
- Enjoys working in a team.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Working knowledge manufacturing environment, inventory management, or planning environment.
- Proficient IT skills including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Other Microsoft Office Applications.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team