QA/QC Engineer - VR/28289
Contract opportunity for a QA/QC professional to join a leading oil and gas operator. This is a PAYE Contract role budgeted until the end of 2024, however, may be extended. This position is based in Westhill and applicants should have experience in a similar role and a lead auditor qualification.
Reporting to the Technical Quality Lead, as the QA/QC Engineer you will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Demonstrating personal commitment to the SHE policy and striving towards 0 incident project and modifications delivery.
- Implementing the TEPUK quality strategy and CMS on assigned projects and modifications.
- Managing all QA/QC activities of assigned project and modifications and ensure that they are carried out in accordance with company procedures and statutory requirements.
- Supporting Projects and Modifications Teams with equipment quality criticality rating assessment process.
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining projects and modifications quality plans as necessary to be used to control the work conducted during the execution of projects and modifications.
- Providing quality input to tenders exhibit ‘H’ in line with TEPUK quality strategy.
- Completing quality evaluations of tenders and support clarifications/qualification process leading to contract award.
- Reviewing and endorsing engineering purchase orders for directly procured equipment.
- Reviewing contractor quality documentation, including but not limited to quality plan(s), Inspecting, and testing plan(s), manufacturing record book(s).
- Providing estimates for required project quality support, QA/QC manhours and managing the inspection budgets.
- Attending kick off meetings/pre-production meetings/pre-inspection meetings as required.
- Responsible for managing, promoting and supporting the efficient close-out of non-conformance reports on assigned projects and modifications.
- Responsible for supporting the TEPUK and project verification process is adhered to, assuring independent scrutiny of the Safety Critical Elements (SCEs) and Performance Standards (PSs) and compliance with group requirements.
- Acting as the focal point for resolution of verification issues through liaising with the verification body and the project.
- Conducting audits and preparing, reporting and following up any corrective actions arising from an audit to closure.
- Ensuring contractors comply with all applicable company specifications, rules, procedures etc
- Developing and maintaining productive and constructive relationships with site-based/offshore personnel, onshore Operations/Technical Teams, and external contractors/vendors.
- Responsible for day-to-day coordination of site QA/QC and inspection in line with ITP’s.
- Ensuring projects’ quality KPIs are reported and monitored to drive continuous improvement.
- Supporting lessons learned with continual improvement practices.
- Promoting best practice and use of innovative technology including maintenance of the CMS principles.
- Providing technical support for the development of continuous improvement within TEPUK.
- Ensuring quality risks are managed in accordance with the risk management process.
- Preparing for, conducting and reporting on lessons learned sessions internally and with suppliers, helping to aid continual improvement in the organisations.
- Degree in Engineering/Technical Discipline.
- Qualified Lead Auditor.
- Post qualification experience in a similar role within oil and gas industry.
- Good working knowledge of metallurgy, welding, NDT, fabrication, processes, and multidiscipline equipment.
- Experience of application of quality assurance systems.
- Experience with QA/QC of pipeline, subsea and surface equipment.
- CQI Practitioner status preferred.
- Detailed knowledge of legislation/regulations relevant to discipline.
- Good working knowledge of engineering disciplines, associated technical standards, processes and relevant legislation.
- Ability to create positive relations with peers and stakeholders internally and externally.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, experience of working as part of a quality team.
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team