QHSE Advisor (Mat Cover) - VR/28178
Maternity cover required until January/February 2024 for a drilling contractor in the position of QHSE Advisor. This role is based at their office in Altens. Drilling experience would be preferred.
As the QHSE Advisor, you will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Acting as direct liaison between company and client QHSE Departments.
- Facilitating performance reviews.
- Submitting regular specific QHSE/CA performance reports internally and to the client.
- Conducting QHSE inductions for onshore and offshore employees and contractors.
- Supporting/facilitating risk assessments/HAZIDs to promote competence and quality of individuals and outputs.
- Providing document control management support to on and offshore teams.
- Reviewing/improving procedures and SJA content.
- Managing familiarisation training.
- Verifying submitted competence elements.
- Managing competence assurance records.
- Providing internal training.
- Attending and contribute to morning operational calls with offshore teams.
- Having a real time understanding of platform activities including short and long term plans.
- Knowing assigned crews and disciplines on each offshore asset and understanding team dynamics.
- Reviewing all BBS cards (STOP, IRIS, LOFEO, SAFE etc.) related to assigned client specific PDR activities and facilitating/monitoring close out.
- Assisting on and offshore Operations Team close out actions and maintain audit trail.
- Conducting offshore, onshore and vendor QHSE and CA audits.
- Conducting/participating in incident investigations on and offshore to determine causation factors, root cause and workable solutions for preventative actions.
- Utilising Synergi database for recording audits, incidents, etc. driving continuous improvement and providing effective close-out audit trail.
- Maintaining an up to date understanding of UKCS and UK legislation applicable to PDR operations.
- Supporting onshore team in the development of pre-quals or bids.
- Supporting the maintenance of ISO, IADC, FPAL and SEQual company registrations.
- Active involvement with client and industry safety groups.
- Assisting in emergency response, including exercises, as required by the company and client.
- Providing ideas, opportunities, challenges to operations to develop, improve and share continuous improvement in risk management.
- Developing training/presentation material for offshore teams.
- Higher technical education or equivalent with practical and/or theoretical knowledge in the discipline.
- NEBOSH certificate/diploma in a related discipline.
- 3 years offshore experience within a drilling related discipline.
- 3 years experience as a QHSE Advisor in an onshore role.
- Knowledge and experience with relevant UK and UKCS legislation.
- Proficient in the use of IT software and systems.
- Experience in implementing and/or maintaining management systems within an organisation (e.g. ISO 9001, 14001, 18001 and FPAL or SEQual).
- Internal/Lead Auditor trained and experienced.
- Trained and experienced in incident/investigation techniques (e.g. TOPSET 3 day).
- Qualified and experienced Assessor/Internal Verifier.
- Experience with Industry Body Training organisation.
TMM Recruitment INDQHS
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team