QHSE Advisor - VR/23462
Currently recruiting for an experienced QHSE Advisor on a permanent staff basis for a Drilling Contractor based in Altens, Aberdeen. Although, an onshore-based role, there will be a requirement to carry out ad-hoc offshore visits, in order to investigate incidents and perform audits. Therefore, applicants must be willing to work offshore. The successful candidate will work a 36-hour week, Monday to Friday, and a hybrid working arrangement will likely be on offer.
In addition to having QHSE responsibilities, the post holder will also have training and competency responsibilities – therefore, this role would suit an individual who possesses both QHSE advisory and training & competency experience within the Drilling field.
The QHSE Advisor will have the following main duties & responsibilities:
- Acting as a direct liaison between company and client HSE departments.
- Facilitating performance reviews.
- Providing internal and external management performance reports.
- Assisting onshore and offshore operations close out actions and maintaining audit trail.
- Conducting onshore, vendor and offshore QHSE audits.
- Conducting / supporting incident investigations.
- Utilising Synergi database for recording cases and actions.
- Supporting the maintenance of ISO, IADC and FPAL company registrations.
- Active involvement with client and industry safety groups.
- Conducting company inductions.
- Providing document control management support to onshore and offshore teams.
- Reviewing / improving procedures and SJA content.
- Managing familiarisation training.
- Conducting Assessor workshops.
- Verifying submitted competence elements.
- Managing competence assurance records.
- Providing internal training.
- Developing training / presentation material for offshore teams.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A NEBOSH Certificate / diploma qualification is essential.
- Current / valid offshore certification would be preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar onshore QHSE Advisor type role, within the Oil & Gas industry, is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar QHSE Advisor type role, directly with a Drilling Contractor, would be preferred.
- Previous offshore experience, within a drilling related discipline, would be preferred.
- Previous training and competency experience would be preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with relevant UK and UKCS legislation is essential.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team