Quantity Surveyor (Contracts/Commercial) - VR/23090
Multiple opportunities for experienced Quantity Surveyors (Contracts / Commercial / Cost) to join our client, a group of companies specialising in offshore engineering services for the oil and gas, offshore renewables, telecommunications and utilities sectors. You’ll primarily work remotely, with occasional travel to offices in Aberdeen and / or Chelmsford.
In your role as Quantity Surveyor, you’ll be responsible for the full commercial management of project life cycle for all projects within the assigned business unit. You’ll be a key member of the Senior Project Team and will provide contract management support as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with Senior Project Manager to agree on contract strategy for all projects within the business unit; facilitating timely and efficient implementation.
- Ensuring robust cost management is undertaken at all times; including accurate live forecasting and actual costs vs estimates.
- Providing support to the procurement process (pre-award), commercial management of contracts during the execution phase (post-award) and commercial management for the delivery of contract account agreements (close out).
- Leading contract commercial reviews and attending progress reviews where necessary.
- Identifying and recommending actions to mitigate commercial risk / opportunities.
- Managing risk and ensuring first class corporate governance to mitigate or transfer commercial risk as it relates to contractual terms and conditions, while maximising opportunities for the company to deliver on its goals.
- Providing contractual advice and guidance to the Procurement Team to ensure the contracting chain operates effectively.
- Providing robust estimates that are aligned to scope, with a transparent overview of all risks and opportunities within the business.
- Accurately keeping records, ensuring that all financial information for audits and cost assurance is readily available.
- Implementing contract commercial / financial reporting and participating in periodic contract reviews.
- Controlling contract documentation in compliance with company systems and processes.
- Developing team members with commercial knowledge and experience.
- Monitoring compliance of contractual obligations to company policies and procedures and relevant legislation and regulations (e.g. anti-fraud, anti-bribery and corruption etc).
- Providing a range of commercial support to the company’s Business Units in cooperation with internal stakeholders, government agencies, clients and outside counsel to ensure the company’s strategic interests are secured and advanced.
Applicants to this position will need substantial experience in a similar role, with a proven track record of delivering high value offshore projects on time and to budget. You’ll ideally have a recognised degree qualification, or equivalent professional qualification, and a good working knowledge of contract management (FIDIC, LOGIC, NEC3).
Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential, as are excellent drafting, reviewing and negotiating skills.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team