Realtime Data Systems Engineer - VR/26192
TMM Recruitment is working with a major, multi-national energy organisation based in Westhill to bring in a Realtime Data Systems Engineer to join their team ASAP on a contract basis until the end of 2023. The company is only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role and remote working will be available, however there is also a requirement to attend the office in person on a regular basis.
The role holder will primarily be required to support the OSISoft PI real time data gathering, with the guidance of the Senior Engineer, so knowledge and experience here is highly desirable.
Reporting to the Realtime Data Systems (RDS) Lead, within the Technical Data Management (TDM) Team, as part of Technology, Data and Innovation (TDI) in Technical Services. Working for the Realtime Data Systems Lead to ensure delivery of RDS support to the business.
This position is within the Technical Services Directorate and provides support for all realtime data gathering and reporting solution. This includes projects, modifications, updates, issue resolution and interfacing with stakeholders and vendors as required.
- Digital Asset Manager.
- Field Operations: Production & Site Support Team / SMART Room members (including Well Performance).
- Maintenance & Integrity Team – Instrument and Control Engineers.
- Information Services Department.
- Asset IS Business Lead.
- Subsea Teams.
- Project Engineering Team.
- Well Construction & Maintenance Team.
- SHE Teams.
- Hydrocarbon Accounting Team.
- Digital and Data Team.
SITE – Superintendents; Production Supervisor; Control Room Operators.
EXTERNAL - Instrument and process equipment suppliers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing technical support for PI AF, PI Vision, IPM, DOF and related data systems supporting these systems in partnership with the asset C&I Teams onshore and offshore.
- Working to troubleshoot, assist and resolve real time related data and systems issues.
- Recommending and implementing improvements, upgrades and modifications to these systems as required to support the asset goals.
- Coordinating operational needs, working with the company and vendor personnel to ensure asset needs are met across Industrial and Enterprise Networks. Notably where these networks interface, both for hardware and software.
- Ensuring Realtime Data System service documentation, reports, trackers and communications are used and kept up to date according to requirements of the business.
- Delivering the build and maintenance of PI Asset Framework and PI Vision screens for the assets.
- Providing support to project scopes that impact upon, or have a requirement for, realtime data gathering and reporting. This could include helping to define the requirements, attend FAT, etc.
- Identifying, scoping, costing and driving, RFMs as applicable to the position (for example, firmware, software and hardware upgrades).
- Supporting requirements coming from Digital use cases in TEPUK, designing, developing and maintaining realtime data feeds for these new solutions. Identifying end-user challenges and working with IS and Digital Team to identify digital solutions.
Management of third party vendors
In coordination with the IS Department, Digital Team and Asset Project Engineers:
- Assisting in preparation of scopes of work for third party vendor / consultancy services.
- Managing the interface between third parties and the asset.
- Monitoring progress of third parties carrying out study / design and engineering work to ensure timely and cost-effective results.
Developing and maintaining good working relationships with asset personnel and teams (C&I and smart rooms) other business units (notably TS and IS), Digital Team, as required and related third party contractors and vendors, through effective communication and building rapport. Liaising across all teams as required to help ensure the asset's priorities are delivered.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable experience in systems engineering, ideally from an instrument/control engineering background.
- Knowledge of digital solutions and support of real time systems with practical experience in the oil and gas sector including:
- Design, build and use of OSISoft PI AF, Vision and ProcessBook for oil and gas platforms
- Software deployment, upgrade and maintenance in major oil and gas companies
- Working with multiple database environments
- Understanding business processes and challenges
- Integrating production systems to form a common platform for real time data analysis
- Experienced in OSISoft PI administration and working with the suite of OSI PI products
- Knowledge of IT/OT Security, Supervisory Control, Data Acquisition (SCADA), Distributed Control System (DCS) principles and implementation
- Self-starter, autonomy required with high quality work output
- Works well as part of a team, with a collaborative nature
- Able to use own initiative to get things done
- Able to identify and deliver value-adding projects
- Able to supervise third party project work scopes and ensure delivery
- Able to progress a project through the full lifecycle from concept through to final commissioning and aftercare support
- Responds positively to ad-hoc requests and provides high quality support.
TMM Recruitment INDIT
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team