Regional Operations Lead – Cost Centres - VR/22587
Opportunity to join market leading offshore projects and oil and gas services provider for 12 - 15 months. Working in the Finance Resource Centre, the Regional Operations Lead will manage a small team within the Cost Department. This role would suit a Qualified Accountant with at least 2 years post qualification experience. Currently the company are working from home, however the main office is in Westhill.
- Managing a small team (2 members) with the larger Cost Centre Team. The Ops Lead is responsible for delivery of the agreed team deliverables for assigned regions, including coaching and supervising the team’s performance, learning and development, providing constructive feedback in a timely manner.
- Actively communicating with budget holders and regional Management Teams to plan, monitor and advise on financial performance, explaining financial information in a clear and concise way to non-finance personnel.
- Timely preparation of monthly reporting pack for assigned departments / regions (both overhead and operating costs). This will include monthly, quarterly and annual variance analysis of actuals and forecasts and will cover gross costs and recoveries.
- Preparing annual budget and calculation of internal standard costing rates for relevant cost centres / functions of assigned regions.
- Preparing and / or supporting in the preparation of reconciliations and analysis with relevant and appropriate back up and critical analysis of the balances.
- Supporting the wider Cost Centre Team in compliance with the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements and to ensure Group and Regional reporting objectives and policies are adhered to within deadlines set.
- Demonstrating a detailed understanding of and provide guidance to the team on Accounting Standards and Group accounting policies to ensure they are applied and upheld.
- Pro-actively identifying / supporting process improvement opportunities and help to establish best practice, standardisation and ways of working.
- Utilising the knowledge management tools available to ensure the Team capitalises from lessons learned and is performed in accordance with best practice, striving to mitigate risk, promoting safety and integrity consistently.
Applicants to this role require:
- Should be a fully Qualified Accountant with at least 2 years post qualification experience.
- Proven track record of good quality accurate analysis and analytical review.
- Understanding of chart of accounts, legal entity or management reporting structures.
- Experience in interfacing with various stakeholders.
- Positive attitude and initiative, challenging the status quo with new ideas and improvements.
- Performance focus, first time right attitude, with good self-review skills. Strives to improve, learn and utilise feedback.
This offers the opportunity to join a leading company offering an excellent culture and a flexible environment.
Please apply for more information.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team