Reservoir Engineer - VR/26000
Currently recruiting for an experienced Reservoir Engineer on a contract basis for an E&P company based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire. The contract is currently due to finish in November 2023 and the company are only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role. Offshore travel may also be required - therefore, applicants must be prepared to work offshore.
Working within the Geoscience Team, the Reservoir Engineer will actively contribute to GSR evaluation of operations. The post holder will develop, recommend and implement reservoir management strategies to maximise the value of the asset (i.e. production optimisation). The successful candidate will also be expected to identify, develop and promote opportunities for further development of fields.
Reporting to the Field Leader, the Reservoir Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Evaluating resources and reserves ranges of field development projects in association with G&G colleagues. Expected to provide an evaluation of subsurface risks and uncertainties of these projects. Autonomous use of reservoir simulation techniques, model building and decline curve analysis.
- Performing analysis of field and well production behaviour incorporating G&G understanding of the field to define the reservoir management strategy and to propose production optimising operations. Preparing Well Intervention Requests and WSOR documents.
- Travelling offshore to witness relevant operations such as PLT’s, perforations, cased hole pulse neutron logging, well testing, offshore PVT sampling and production chemistry.
- Performing yearly reserves and profile evaluations for the Prime and LTP exercises.
- Presenting evaluations to Partner meetings, HQ peer reviews and UK authorities.
- Supporting exploration to help deliver prospect evaluations.
- Identifying and promoting value adding opportunities (i.e. production and reserves increases).
- Performing reserves / resources evaluations autonomously in accordance with Group standards and within tight timelines.
- Responsible for WSOR and well intervention geosciences inputs, in particular for safety critical parameters such as reservoir pressure evaluations and fluid properties.
- Managing HQ or external studies.
- Independently making technical decisions and recommendations. Assuring integration of studies with colleagues.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A BSc degree qualification in a relevant Engineering, or related discipline, is essential. An MSc degree qualification would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar Reservoir Engineer type role, within the oil and gas industry, is essential.
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in the oil and gas industry, including field experience of reservoir monitoring activities (witnessing DST, wireline logging, perforations) is essential.
- Applicants will be expected to possess an understanding of geological and geophysical concepts, such as sequential stratigraphy correlations, geophysical interpretation, seismic acquisition and processing.
- Applicants will be expected to have an understanding of project economics, well construction concepts and hazards.
- Applicants should be fully autonomous in reservoir engineering techniques such as numerical simulation, well test interpretation, material balance, production logging analysis and PVT analysis. Applicants should also have an understanding of SEC reserves booking.
TMM Recruitment firstname.lastname@example.org
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team