Riser Analyst / Hydrodynamic Analysis Engineer - VR/26193
Currently recruiting for an experienced Riser Analyst / Hydrodynamic Analysis Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas service company based in Cove, Aberdeen.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Riser Analyst / Hydrodynamic Analysis Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Performing global dynamic analysis of in-place offshore systems and operations.
- Feeding into design of company products from initial concept stage through to production in a professional and time efficient manner.
- Producing technical reports, detailing work completed. This includes, but is not limited to, engineering calculations and global dynamic analysis.
- Assisting in the development of company design systems, standards and procedures.
- Contributing development ideas for new and existing products.
- Looking for continuous improvement.
- Providing support to proposals and projects, working to tight deadlines and budgets.
- Reviewing and contributing towards improving departmental systems, processes and guides.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A degree qualification in Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Structural Engineering (or a similar discipline) OR a HND qualification with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Previous experience in a similar Riser Analyst / Hydrodynamic Analysis Engineer type role.
- Experience with OrcaFlex, or a similar dynamics package.
- Experience in technical reporting and data collection / presentation.
- Experience in writing scripts using Python, or similar.
- Ability to produce technical calculations quickly and accurately (Mathcad experience preferred).
- Chartered Engineer status or working towards.
- Experience in the Renewables industry.
- CFD experience using Ansys CFX.
- Experience in FEA and 3D CAD software (preferably Ansys Workbench and Inventor).
- Experience with Autodesk Vault (or other Database Management systems).
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team