Rotating Equipment Engineer - VR/26058
Currently recruiting for an experienced Rotating Equipment Engineer on a contract basis for an E&P company based in Kingswells, Aberdeen. It is an initial 12-month contract and the company are only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role.
The Rotating Equipment Engineer will provide operational and technical support to the nominated assets for all associated package equipment, mainly within the rotating equipment discipline. The post holder will perform rotating equipment package maintenance – assessing critical spares requirements and ensuring equipment reliability. The role involves carrying out failure investigations, identifying underlying issues and maximising equipment availability.
The role also involves ownership of all aspects of rotating equipment packages and requires the coordination of other disciplines to ensure equipment availability and reliability improvement activities are delivered. Scope of equipment covered includes rotating equipment and associated package equipment, encompassing gas turbines, centrifugal compressors, pumps, diesel engines and utility systems (such as air compression packages).
The Rotating Equipment Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Providing support to the Operations Team in the day to day running of the platforms and resolving key package equipment integrity and operational issues.
- Effective management of all rotating package equipment reliability threats.
- Conducting and guiding root cause investigations into rotating equipment package failures.
- Steering equipment troubleshooting and repair efforts, with multi discipline teams.
- Identifying and implementing system improvements opportunities.
- Managing third party support contracts as required.
- Assessing performance and condition monitoring results, ensuring appropriate follow up.
- Supporting the assets in management of the medium-term reliability of equipment through ‘look ahead’ planning and seeking recommendations relating to strategic facilities improvements.
- Making routine visits offshore to ensure package equipment reliability issues and operational constraints are understood.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A relevant engineering degree qualification would be preferred.
- Chartered Engineer status, or working towards, would be preferred.
- Current / valid offshore certification would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar Rotating Equipment Engineer type role, within the oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Significant experience in offshore operations and maintenance delivery is essential.
- Experience in the use of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) is essential. Experience with Maximo would be preferred.
- Proficiency in Root Cause Analysis techniques is essential.
- Experience in the management of vendor services contracts would be preferred.
- Applicants are expected to have considerable experience with ancillary systems within OEM packages for gas turbines, gas compressors and pumps.
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team