Rotating Equipment Engineer - VR/26748
Currently recruiting for an experienced Rotating Equipment Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an FPSO Operator based in Portlethen, Aberdeenshire. Hybrid working opportunities will be available and there will also likely be a requirement to travel offshore on occasion.
Although staff would be the preference, this role could also potentially be offered on a contract basis. It would be an initial 12-month contract position and both PAYE and Ltd Co contractors can be considered.
The Rotating Equipment Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Making cost effective and safe decisions with regard to the repair, maintenance and modification of all installation equipment.
- Reviewing planned maintenance routines to ensure equipment is maintained correctly whilst making most effective use of workforce.
- Managing development, preparing and reviewing maintenance work packs for equipment within area of responsibility and close out reports developed internally or externally for technical content. Ensuring corrective actions are recorded and actioned.
- Preparing material / service requisitions, offshore visit request forms and requests for modifications for mobilisations within area of responsibility as per 90 and 28-day plans and manage delivery of maintenance scopes.
- Determining spare part requirements for items of equipment.
- Responsible for proposing, creating and reviewing planned maintenance amendments for existing, new and deleted equipment.
- Reviewing failures and downtime and provide advice to improve asset maintainability and operability. Reviewing current Condition Based Maintenance (CBM) activities and recommend improvements.
- Creating and reviewing planned and non-planned (corrective) maintenance (PM/non-PM) amendments for offshore equipment for core maintenance teams. This includes work scope, resources, materials, tools, drawings and documentation.
- Preparing budget input to short and long-term asset plans.
- Conducting regular offshore visits.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A degree qualification in Mechanical Engineering would be preferred.
- Chartered Engineer status would be preferred.
- Current / valid offshore certification would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar Rotating Equipment Engineer type role, within the North Sea oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Previous Technical Authority (TA) experience, directly with an Oil & Gas Operator environment, would be preferred.
- Experience with cranes and lifting equipment would be preferred.
- Experience with Maximo would be preferred.
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team