ROV Technical Support Engineer - VR/28677
Currently recruiting for an experienced ROV Technical Support Engineer on a permanent staff basis for a Subsea company based in Ellon, Aberdeenshire.
The ROV Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for overseeing all technical aspects of assets throughout their entire lifecycle.
Reporting to the Head of Operations, the ROV Technical Support Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Managing and overseeing the servicing, maintenance, and assembly of both new and existing
- ROV equipment and systems.
- Assisting in the selection of project-related equipment - assessing suitability and interface requirements.
- Leading audits of ROV systems before mobilisation to ensure compliance with internal and external standards and project specifications.
- Providing technical insights to the Commercial and Business Development Teams to evaluate upcoming opportunities from a multi-disciplinary perspective and determine the best technical approach for project execution.
- Supporting offshore crew and workshop personnel in ROV maintenance and repair tasks, including task prioritisation and scheduling, which may entail site visits.
- Ensuring accurate management and updates of system inventories as required.
- Reviewing and updating maintenance routines to accommodate new or modified equipment.
- Ensuring system hardware and faulty components are managed correctly.
- Collaborating with client representatives, project managers, certification authorities, and third-party companies involved in ROV system operations.
- Responsible for reviewing and updating system and equipment specification sheets and maintaining records.
- Coordinating with the Workshop Manager and Project Managers to maintain system certification packages.
- Assisting with the procurement of spares and consumables, receipt of goods, distribution, and logistics.
- Applying industry best practices across all engineering disciplines and ensuring the appropriate level of engineering is applied to meet project requirements.
- Establishing and developing technical administrative policies and procedures.
- Evaluating and supporting onshore system maintenance and refurbishments.
- Staying up to date with equipment technical standards and legislation and ensuring that issued equipment is tested and certified as per relevant standards.
- Liaising with vendors and subcontractors involved in the certification and servicing of company assets.
- Collaborating with the Supply Chain Department to control and reduce costs related to ROV operations, including spares and repairs.
- Managing short and long-term equipment storage.
- Assisting in the updating of all technical and support documentation.
- Participating in an out-of-hours on-call rotation.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Applicants should hold relevant engineering qualifications.
- Previous experience in a similar office based ROV Technical Support Engineer type role, directly within the North Sea Subsea sector, is essential.
- Substantial technical and operational management experience, within the ROV field, is essential.
- In-depth understanding of ROV systems and a demonstrable history of providing technical support for ROV operations is essential.
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team