ROV / USV Technical Support Engineer - VR/26339
Currently recruiting for an experienced ROV / USV Technical Support Engineer on a permanent staff basis for a subsea company based in Bridge of Don, Aberdeen. Hybrid working will be available and this role will involve occasional international travel to other company regions.
Working within the Global Asset Management Team, the ROV / USV Technical Support Engineer will act as the global focal point for Regional Technical Support Teams to ensure standardised and efficient performance of the company’s ROV and Uncrewed Surface Vessels (USV). The post holder will be expected to use their strong technical knowledge to identify operational and technical improvements, which will enhance capability, performance and reliability of the company’s ROV and USV fleet.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, the ROV / USV Technical Support Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Developing and monitoring planned maintenance schedules for ROV and USV related sub-systems.
- Providing support to the Regional Technical Teams and offshore field operations as requested.
- Liaising closely with regions to gather feedback on fleet performance and coordinating the development of operational and technical improvements, enhancing fleet performance and safety.
- Conducting and creating formal reports for Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT), system status reports, as well as maintenance and certification register audits.
- Carrying out trend analysis on equipment faults and system maintenance compliance.
- Identifying recommended equipment spares inventory for ROV and USV systems.
- Actively involving at all stages of the product life cycle; define, develop, deliver and support.
- Managing contractors for delivery of new equipment builds and report status to stakeholders.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A degree qualification in a relevant engineering discipline, or an equivalent level of experience.
- Previous experience in a similar office-based ROV / USV Technical Support Engineer type role.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of different ROV systems and offshore operations.
- Experience with hydraulic, mechanical and electronic systems.
- Familiarity with survey systems and networking.
- Previous experience with Uncrewed Surface Vessels.
- Knowledge of remote technologies and communications.
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team