SCM Specialist (Buyer) – VR/24035
An opportunity to join a global leader in services to the energy industry with a track record of success spanning 5 decades.
Working within the Offshore Resources Team, you will play a key role in the effective purchasing of goods, services and facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actioning the procurement of good and services for allocated vessel, asset or operational base.
- Planning and executing forwarding and expediting strategies to ensure the timely arrival of goods services without undue delay.
- Working within cross-functional teams to work with vendors on cost improvement and to create better value delivery.
- Contributing to the selection, management and monitoring of vendors.
- Participating in the evaluation of the vendors.
- Supporting internal clients (e.g. Vessel, ROV, Project Teams) with performance of the assigned SCM activities.
- Maintaining contact with Vendors, including sites visits, and ensuring adherence to quality and deadlines.
- Producing reports and logs for internal parties, proactively highlighting issues to ensure these are identified and addressed.
Applicants to this position should have experience in a similar procurement role (ideally Marine / Vessel) and should be familiar with RFQs and tendering. Experience of SAP is essential.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team