SCM Specialist (Buyer) - VR/23492
Join a global leader in the delivery of offshore projects and services to the energy industry on a 12-month contract.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contacting a range of suppliers to source competitive bids from qualified suppliers for goods and services that meet specification, quality, budgetary and schedule requirements.
- Negotiating and awarding commitments with suppliers, ensuring the most favourable terms of contract are obtained.
- Developing relationships with suppliers, including performing site visits.
- Expediting purchase orders, ensuring delivery dates are met and any supply issues are resolved.
- Negotiating and reporting cost savings to project / business.
- Proactively supporting internal clients with performance of the assigned SCM activities.
- Managing the defined elements of the supply chain process as delegated.
Applicants to this position should offer previous experience in a similar role within a purchasing environment, ideally within the oil and gas / energy industry. You’ll need a strong working knowledge of SAP and Ariba and should have demonstrable negotiation skills.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team