SCM Subcontract Specialist – VR/25113
Vacancy for a SCM Subcontract Specialist to join a reputable, industry-leading organisation. Reporting to the SCM Manager, you’ll work in a highly-efficient Supply Chain function delivering in all parts of the globe. This position is well-suited to applicants with demonstrable experience with complex EPCI projects and the associated knowledge to support contractual/legal and tendering activities.
As SCM Subcontract Specialist, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring compliance with all Supply Chain policies, process, systems and procedures.
- Proactively contributing to the achievement of SCM strategies and goals.
- Contributing to the selection, management and performance monitoring of vendors.
- Preparing RFQs / ITTs for goods and services in line with allocated budgets, quality and delivery targets.
- Making recommendation to award in accordance project requirements and company financial authority matrix.
- Coordinating the placement of subcontracts / purchase orders.
- Organising and running Project Procurement Plan meetings, Kick Off meetings and Pre-production meetings.
- Following-up on the progress of complex / critical packages awarded to suppliers.
- Expediting orders and invoices, ensuring all documentation is received on time and close-out projects in a timely manner.
- Negotiating any disputes that may arise in the supply chain.
- Managing the procurement budget and providing monthly cost reports.
- Negotiating Frame Agreement contracts to provide best value for the business.
- Monitoring market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers.
- Researching areas of opportunity and reducing costs where possible.
Applicants to this position should offer significant experience in a similar role, ideally within the oil and gas / renewables sector. Pre-and-post award experience with EPCI contracts / tenders is required.
IT proficiency is essential and experience of SAP / SAP Ariba is desirable. A relevant professional qualification (e.g. CIPS) would be beneficial.
You’ll need excellent communication skills, confident networking ability and the ability to prioritise a demanding workload to meet deadlines.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team