Senior Accountant - VR/20821
Working for a world-renowned offshore drilling contractor, the Senior Accountant will be responsible for all areas of financial accounting, specifically external financial reporting. This technically challenging permanent role, situated South of Aberdeen would ideally be suited towards those with experience in a Big 4 or Practice firm.
Sitting within the organisation’s European and Mediterranean accounting function and reporting into the Finance Manager, the Senior Accountant will have responsibility for the preparation and processing of statutory financial statements in alignment with UK GAAP and IFRS. Further responsibilities include:
- Preparing financial statements in accordance with UK GAAP and IFRS.
- Preparing indirect VAT returns.
- Preparing onshore budgets.
- Forecasting and monthly reporting to Senior Management.
- All month-end close responsibilities.
- Analysing cost control and advising Senior Management on cost control measures.
- Advising on corporate income tax matters.
- Liaising with both internal and external Auditors.
- Ensuring legal compliance with reporting legislation.
Applicants to this position should be a Qualified Chartered Accountant (CA, ACA or ACCA), whilst exposure to, or knowledge of the drilling industry would be advantageous. You should possess an insatiable drive for success and an impeccable work ethic and be happy to perform any other ad hoc duties as required.
On offer is a competitive salary and the opportunity for you to develop internally within an environment that encourages professional progression.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team