Senior Accountant - VR/22636
Senior Accountant required for market leading offshore projects and oil and gas services provider for 12 months to cover maternity leave. Working within the Financial Reporting Team, the position offers a diverse and challenging role, within a professional and process improvement driven team. The role offers excellent opportunities to develop supervisory and coaching experience for a qualified Accountant.
Reporting to the Financial Reporting Team Lead and working alongside 2 other Senior Accountants, duties include:
Statutory Accounting & Audit:
- Delivering high quality statutory financial statements within set deadlines.
- Focus on high quality outputs with a first time right attitude.
- Planning the statutory accounting process for entities.
- Updating and monitoring the global Statutory Audit Tracker to ensure external reporting filing deadlines are met and audits complete.
- Reviewing statutory accounts and back up files, constructively feeding back review points to ensure high quality statutory financial statements and audit back up are delivered on time.
- Preparing or reviewing technical accounting memos to support accounting decisions where required.
- Liaising with external auditors to ensure deadlines are met and issues are brought to the attention of the appropriate level of management when necessary.
Controls & Compliance:
- Collating the global financial controls results on a quarterly basis, preparation of the global quarterly COSA (Control Operator Self-Assessment) results and slides to Senior Management, feeding back the COSA results.
- Testing the applicable financial controls and reporting any findings and recommending solutions.
- Attending quarterly meetings with regional Finance Directors to discuss issues noted, sharing ideas and best practice with the other Finance Teams.
- Reviewing balance sheet reconciliations and analytical reviews prepared by the team, providing constructive feedback on improvements to back up or approach and proactively following up on outstanding review points and actions required.
This individual will also lead Restructuring and Entity Reduction:
- Finance lead for restructuring projects, collaborating with other departments throughout the process; including capital reductions, capital injections, dividends, distributions, etc.
- Finance lead for the closure of entities, collaborating with other departments throughout the process; including liquidations, dissolutions, mergers.
- Coordinating a regular assessment of distributable reserves for all holding companies .
- Preparing the investments valuations within the Group each year, collaborating, assessing, analysing and understanding movements fully in valuations and any associated impairments.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a logical approach to problem solving. Experience should include an excellent knowledge of IFRS, FRS 101, financial controls environment, and audit processes.
The ideal applicant will be fully qualified with accounts and audit experience.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team