Senior Buyer - VR/21449
Senior Buyer required to join an oil and gas operator based in central Aberdeen on a contract basis for a period of 12 months. This role will involve leading and supporting a wide range of procurement activities across the company portfolio of operated assets.
As Senior Buyer, your primary accountabilities will include:
- Working as the focal point for internal and external stakeholders regarding delivery scheduled, certification, delivery documentation and ensuring the availability and delivery of materials in accordance with business requirements and contractual delivery schedules.
- Creating purchases orders.
- Issuing RFQs for the purchase of good and services, as well as the repair and overhaul of materials.
- Ensuring all purchasing / sourcing activities are carried out in accordance with Service Level Agreements.
- Ensuring the R2P process is understood and adhered to.
- Actively working towards value-adding and cost-saving targets.
- Acting as the main point of contact to coordinate supplier-related issues.
- Monitoring supplier service levels and performance.
- Identifying end-user demand via MRP to generate time and appropriate buying decisions.
- Optimising inventory MRP activities.
Applicants to this position should offer previous experience in a similar role, ideally within an oil and gas operator environment. You should have demonstrable knowledge of O&G purchasing activities, legislation and best practice.
Excellent communication and negotiation skills are essential, as well as experience of using SAP.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team