Senior Category Lead - VR/25227
Senior Category Lead required for a 12-month contract with a leading, independent UK oil operator.
As Senior Category Lead, you’ll manage the evaluation and integration of complex customer requirements, often demanding innovative solutions. Your focus will be on HSE&A and creating value and delivering service excellence through applying efficient supply chain principles in helping the business achieve top quartile performance. The position also involves managing interfaces with suppliers/partners to ensure that all company objectives are achieved, including the relevant audit requirements, but more particularly, providing a value-driven service to in-house customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing and implementing sourcing plans to secure supply in accordance with category sourcing strategies.
- Developing action plans, timelines and resource assignments for sourcing projects.
- Continuous involvement in the sourcing, development and maintenance of a supply base that provides competitive advantage in quality, value, delivery and technology.
- Leading the ITT, RFI/Q/P and bidding processes, minimising risk and maximising value in terms of quality, delivery and total cost of ownership.
- Ensuring supplier pre-qualifications and on-site audits are performed as per process.
- Responsibility for supplier performance management, including regular performance reviews together with business.
- Undertaking supplier negotiations to deliver value.
- Undertaking sourcing projects to assure on-time completion and guaranteed supply for all portfolios.
- Building strong relationships with internal stakeholders in order to meet defined objectives.
- Identifying opportunities and implementing actions to continually reduce waste.
Applicants to this position should have:
- Experience in Supply Chain Strategic Sourcing or Category Management.
- An understanding of oil and gas equipment and services.
- An academic qualification preferably in Supply Chain, Engineering or Business Management.
- Knowledge of the latest strategic sourcing tools and techniques.
- A good understanding of terms and conditions.
- Experience in administering tenders.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good analytical skills with ability to solve complex problems.
- Good level of influencing skills.
- Organised and logical thinker.
INDSCC TMM Recruitment
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team