Senior Civil / Structural Design Engineer - VR/22988
Currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Civil / Structural Design Engineer on a permanent staff basis for a Trust Port based in Peterhead, Aberdeenshire.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and the Chief Financial Officer, the post holder will be responsible for the delivery of a wide range of technical and capital and maintenance projects. The successful candidate will play a key role in providing technical support, comprising calculations, reports, technical notes, tender documentation and CAD drawings.
The Senior Civil / Structural Design Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the preparation and satisfactory completion of deliverables.
- Producing calculations to a high standard by hand and checking with SCALE software.
- Preparing technical specifications, reports and technical notes.
- Reviewing and commenting on design drawings and specifications.
- Preparing tenders for issue to contractors.
- Working with other specialist consulting Engineers on port infrastructure progress.
- Ensuring the port’s infrastructure is suitably maintained and fit for purpose.
- Ensuring that the shiplift / slipway facilities are operated in compliance with safe limits.
- Conducting visits to all parts of the harbour estate to ensure maintenance, capital maintenance and upgrade works are carried out to the correct standard.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A degree qualification in Civil / Structural Engineering is essential.
- Chartered Engineer status, or working towards, would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar Civil / Structural Design Engineer type role is essential.
- Experience in either structural, building or civil engineering is essential.
- Experience in designing civil infrastructure would be preferred.
- Previous AutoCAD experience is essential.
- Applicants will be expected to have experience of contract preparation, using ICE or NEC contract documentation.
- Applicants will be expected to have a sound understanding of British Standards, Eurocodes etc.
- Applicants will be expected to possess a sound understanding of CDM, Safety in Design and Health & Safety.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team