Senior Commercial Advisor (Energy Transition) - VR/22961
As Senior Commercial Advisor, you’ll drive forward the commercial aspects of the energy transition business and deliver optimal commercial solutions; both to maximise value in its various forms and to appropriately manage risk.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Representing the company’s commercial interests in the development of a variety of Energy Transition activities, including the suite of Acorn projects, V-Net Zero, other CCS projects and asset electrification opportunities.
- Working collaboratively with industry partners in developing appropriate commercial architecture and business models to support project development, optimising risk allocation between industry and Government.
- Supporting the Commercial Manager for Energy Transition to ensure that key internal stakeholders have a robust and relevant understanding of the commercial activities.
- Working closely with colleagues to ensure project and operational risks are fully understood and adequately mitigated in the commercial arrangements.
- Negotiating full chain commercial agreements from carbon capture to CO2 transportation and storage, as well as other Energy Transition activities such as hydrogen generation, transportation and sales.
- Negotiating service agreements with key stakeholders to ensure operational services are procured to support project execution and operations.
- Managing the company’s interests in joint venture agreements with industry partners.
- Ensuring relevant stakeholders have a timely awareness of the actions required to be in full compliance with obligations, making clear which individuals or teams are responsible for enforcing or performing such rights and obligations.
- Ensuring any risk to, or erosion of, contractual rights is robustly resisted through stakeholder management and appropriate escalation so that existing rights are preserved and enhanced.
- Ensuring the protection of business-critical information and documentation, including application of the Group Records Management standard.
Applicants to this role should be performance-focussed, with an ability to demonstrate broad commercial competencies, agility and a focus on delivery as well as problem solving
You’ll require strong knowledge and understanding of current industry commercial practices and general suite of agreements (JOA, TPA/TPOSA, CTIA, DSA) in line with OGA and OGUK guidelines, as well as the experience to adapt common agreements to new situations and circumstances
Demonstrable stakeholder management skills are essential, as is the ability to positively influence and support the development of less experienced members of the team. Strong influencing and negotiation skills are a must, along with the ability to recognise links between wide ranging issues with the skill to develop overviews and propose solutions under changing circumstances.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team