Senior Contract Specialist - VR/26822
Join a global leader in energy projects, technologies, systems and services. This position is advertised primarily as a permanent role, but our client is willing to consider a 6-12 month contract if this would be your preference.
As Senior Contract Specialist, you’ll protect the contractual and commercial interest of the company in respect of the project in all its activities and transactions, ensuring all policies and procedures are adhered to. You’ll also pursue and maximise commercial opportunities as well as issuing project reports accurately that reflect the current commercial status of the project and the likely outcome at completion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting in the detailed legal review of client proposed draft of contract, including all relevant parts of exhibits as included in the bid invitation.
- Identifying and assessing the potential difficulties or roadblocks that may arise when administering the contract during the execution phase.
- Providing input on any contractual and commercial risk identified during the review process and ensure this is raised to the tender team so that the risk will be considered in tender evaluation.
- Assisting in negotiations with clients and joint venture partners as needed.
- Addressing contract, legal, commercial and insurance issues related to subcontractors or major suppliers during tender phase, with a particular focus to ensure flow down of client contract terms to subcontractors.
- Acting as a key integral member of the project team and participate in commercial strategic discussions and decisions to ensure that contracts risks are identified, properly evaluated and mitigated.
- Providing the project with accurate summaries of contract-related matters including contract synopsis, contract review, contract obligations matrix and guidance on contract requirements.
- Advising the Project Manager on aspects of project execution which deviate from contract requirement.
- Preparing / reviewing all relevant contractual correspondence exchanged during project execution to and from the Client, partners, subcontractors and authorities.
- Managing and maintaining accurate records of all project contractual documentation within Contracts Workspace System.
- Monitor all project deliverables as well as identify risks and opportunities.
Our client is seeking a candidate with the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Experience in a similar role.
- Strong negotiation skills and experience.
- An understanding of inter-disciplinary relations and requirements.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- The ability to provide open and direct dialogue with stakeholders.
- A high-level of integrity and ethics.
- IT skills with proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, project, and presentation software.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Organisational skills/time management.
- The ability to manage change.
- Professional delivery.
- Cost aware.
- Results focused.
- Proactive / committed approach.
- Good team player.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team