Senior Contracts Engineer - VR/27477
Join a market-leading Tier 1 contractor, providing bespoke services to the global energy industry. This is a full-time, permanent position. Hybrid working is available (1 day from home).
As Senior Contracts Engineer, you’ll provide comprehensive contracts support to the business and its clients. You’ll be involved in all aspects of client contract management, subcontracts administration, performance measurement and delivering customer value.
You’ll be required to fully understand the client contract terms and conditions, SoW, remuneration and admin instructions. Communicate accordingly and provide guidance to project management during contract delivery through to close out.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Managing prime contract administration.
- Working with the Project Team to ensure contract change is identified on a timely basis.
- Requesting amendment and variations raised with client, negotiated, and processed through to receipt of an approved amendment.
- KPI measurement/tracking.
- Participating in audits as required both internal and external.
- Preparing client correspondence.
- Interfacing with the finance team to ensure project billings are up to date and resolving any issues.
- Developing subcontract strategies for specific programmes and projects.
- Developing ITT packages, RFQs and preparing detailed quantitative and qualitative evaluation of tenders, including assessment of contract risk.
- Leading the tendering, evaluation, and negotiation process through to award of contracts, preparing recommendations to award as required.
- Ensuring contractual and commercial negotiations are undertaken in accordance with contracting principles, ensuring risk mitigation and commercial optimisation.
- Developing and managing contract plans to ensure effective management of subcontractor to deliver overall project performance targets.
- Working with stakeholders to ensure key supplier performance and relationship management.
- Taking a lead role in identifying and developing opportunities to create value, cost reductions and improve service delivery across the business through effective contract management techniques.
- Preparation and administration of contract documents, contract summaries, amendments, and variations.
- Providing advice and guidance to management on contracts management.
- Acting as a key negotiator in dispute resolution.
This opportunity is well-suited to applicants with the following skills, experience, and attributes:
- Extensive experience in oil and gas contracting with a proven track record of value delivery.
- Client contract management experience.
- Management of Client Variations and Contract Amendments.
- Must be able to derive added value from suppliers, contain procurement costs and mitigate exposure to risk.
- Strong interpersonal skills and self-starter.
- Team player and relationship builder who can focus on key performance measures.
- Strong negotiator with good influencing and project management skills.
- Outstanding communicator (ability to engage at all levels).
- Tactful, commercially astute with natural drive and energy.
- Legal/QS/CIPS qualification.
- Experience from both oil operator and service company perspective.
- Knowledge of wells and well abandonment requirements.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team