Senior Contracts Specialist - VR/26982
Requirement for a Senior Contracts Specialist to join an E&P company for a 12-month contract. There are many benefits to working as a PAYE contractor for this organisation, including a compressed working week, hybrid/flexible working and 38 days of annual leave!
Basic Purpose of Role
Provision of contract administration and commercial support primarily to the Engineering Department but with a requirement to also support the Logistics and HSSEQ Teams as required, developing highly effective relationships with all team members.
- Managing the four stages procurement cycle in accordance with procurement processes and full compliance with DOA requirements, including strategy formulation, tendering and negotiation.
- Commercial management of long-term master service contracts ensuring best value.
- Processing requisitions once approved by budget holders into call-off/purchase orders, applying diligence to pricing and Terms and Conditions, issue to suppliers, tracking return of signed order and expediting same.
- Preparing tender strategies and ITT documentation for ad hoc requirements.
- Carrying out detailed quantitative and qualitative tender evaluation, direct contractual and commercial negotiation in accordance with contracting principles.
- Responsible for contract risk mitigation and commercial optimisation.
- Liaising with key internal stakeholders to evaluate tenders, obtain contract award approvals, and contract execution.
- Developing and presenting detailed contract award recommendations to management.
- Providing post-award administration support including contract amendment and variation administration.
- Responsible for key supplier performance and relationship management.
- Ensuring that the Supply Chain Department Procurement Plan is kept up to date on a month-end basis as a minimum or more regularly as may be required.
- Ensuring effective cost / budget tracking and CTR management.
- Assisting Contracts Leads and Contracts & Procurement Manager as required.
Our client is seeking a candidate with the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Preferably educated to degree-level in a relevant discipline and/or a professional qualification (e.g. CIPS).
- Experience in a similar role, ideally within an oil and gas operator / E&P environment.
- Extensive experience in contract and commercial negotiations.
- Experience in engineering contracts and operations projects / contracts.
- Proven ability to deal with many suppliers, build relationships and communicate effectively.
- Ability to develop relationships with key internal stakeholders in operations, engineering, legal departments.
- Detailed knowledge of LOGIC model contracts.
- Knowledge of Oracle / Maximo or similar ERP or procurement and materials systems.
- Willing to be 'hands on' to manage all types of contracts, large and small.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Confident and assertive.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing environment.
- Strong negotiator.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team