Senior Control and Instrument Engineer - VR/24020
Currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Control and Instrument Engineer on a contract basis for an oil and gas operator based in central Aberdeen. It is a 12-month contract position and the company are ideally aiming for a late January / early February start date.
The successful candidate will initially work from home / remotely, however, once government restrictions are eased, a more hybrid model will be offered up, which will involve both office and remote working. The company is only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role and occasional offshore travel may be possible – therefore, applicants must be prepared to work offshore.
The Senior Control and Instrument Engineer will act as a focal point for performance monitoring and troubleshooting of control & instrumentation systems, such as HMI’s, SCADA, IACS, PLC’s, F&G and ESD systems.
The Senior Control and Instrument Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Ensuring technical competence of control and instrumentation maintenance delivery personnel, including interviewing and testing competency.
- Ensuring that discipline specific engineering work remains within budget.
- Ensuring delivery of a technically correct and timely engineering work service.
- Providing optimised preventative maintenance programmes for control and instrumentation equipment, and implement industry best practice.
- Engaging and participating in any operational improvement processes to optimise discipline specific engineering support.
- Providing discipline input to the 28- and 90-day asset planning process.
- Providing discipline guidance and engineering endorsement of proposed changes to PMRs within the SAP CMMS.
- Acting as a technical representative for asset support contracts.
- Liaising with other disciplines, vendor representatives and manufacturers.
- Ensuring vendors are mobilised on time to meet the asset planning schedule, and that vendors mobilise fully prepared to execute scopes of work on time and within agreed budget.
- Assisting with the resolution of operational problems, including participation in and close-out of accident / incident investigations and root cause analysis.
- Providing engineering advice and endorsement of engineering change (MOC), maintenance deferrals and ORAs.
- Responsible for equipment performance, including spare part management and warranty follow-up.
- Ensuring performance standards are accurate and adhered to via the Inspection, Test and Maintenance programme.
- Actively engaging with the site execution teams, ensuring participation in corporate behavioural safety and intervention schemes.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A relevant engineering degree qualification would be preferred, however, an HNC / HND qualification could be considered, alongside extensive control & instrumentation engineering experience.
- Current / valid offshore certification would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar Control & Instrument Engineer type role, within the oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role, directly with an oil and gas operator, would be preferred.
- SAP experience (particularly SAP PM) would be highly desirable, however, other CMMS’ will be considered.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team