Senior Data Architect - VR/23432
TMM Recruitment is working with a major, multi-national energy organisation based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire to find a fully-fledged Senior Data Architect to join their Digital and Data Team ASAP on a contract basis until the end of 2022. The company is only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role and remote working will be available, however there is also a requirement to attend the office in person on a regular basis.
The Senior Data Architect will be responsible for the support, development and delivery of cloud-based data engineering solutions. As the reference / technical authority for cloud data architecture within the Centre of Excellence, the Senior Date Architect will provide support and guidance on data and technology subjects for the Digital development squads across the business. They will also be required to act as consultant for the Data Engineers to ensure best practice for data architecture is applied consistently across the company.
Main duties and responsibilities
- The IS Data Architect will lead the development and design of cloud data solutions required to support the long term goals of the company and the wider Group.
- The IS Data Architect will be responsible for the specification, build and maintenance of new requirements for the company’s digital projects.
- The IS Data Architect will ensure robust move to run procedures and process are established to assist in the ongoing support of digital solutions.
- The IS Data Architect must be able to effectively work with key business users and IS colleagues to provide high-quality solution designs
- The IS Data Architect shall provide subject matter expert (SME) best practice guidance across the domain.
- The IS Data Architect must work effectively with centralised teams at the Group level to ensure that solutions delivered within the affiliate align to Group standards, security rules and procedures.
Data Architect / Strategy:
- Analysing and defining data architecture requirements by evaluating business processes and existing data structures and applications.
- Designing and implementing data models to document the data architecture in its AS-IS and TO-BE states.
- Assisting in the definition of a Cloud Data strategy, solutions and roadmaps, ensuring they meet both business and performance goals in line with the IT strategy and Data Governance guidelines.
- Identifying new digital techniques, tools or best practices and assist in integrating them into the Digital and Data Department’s ways of working.
- Making recommendations on IS expenditure for digital enhancements and projects.
- Providing functional expertise and guidance around leveraging the capabilities of cloud platforms to business stakeholders.
- Acting as liaison between business key users and the IS Department – for investigating, analysing, and implementing cloud-based solutions (including documenting, data mapping, analytical processing and source system modifications).
- Identifying and promoting ways in which processes, procedures and IS can be changed or adapted to achieve improvements in the cost effectiveness and quality of its operation.
- Assisting in the development of end-to-end solutions for new and existing digital projects.
- Running proof of concepts and investigating opportunities for use of innovative cloud solutions.
- Reviewing change / enhancements requests to ensure there is a business justification and that they are cost effective and technically sound.
- Supporting incident resolution on productionised digital solutions.
- Responsible for ensuring the production services are optimally configured and aligned to best practices to protect production data.
- Supporting the development of automated data pipelines (ETL, ELT) in conjunction with business stakeholders and IS teams.
- Working in close collaboration with IT to define and develop the industrialised digital support process which will be managed and administered by IT.
Internal - Digital & Data Team, UK IT Team, IT Business Analysts.
External - 3rd party data providers and consultants.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- A numerate Honours degree (e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering) with a considerable number of years of professional
- Ability to develop technical solutions and functional specifications based on business requirements.
- Knowledge of leading technologies including;
- Enterprise data modelling;
- Data ingestion and integration;
- Data storage and security; and
- Data processing and distributed computing.
- Extensive experience working with relational databases, including database administration.
- Proven production experience and best practice knowledge of cloud platforms, features, and capabilities (Microsoft Azure components).
- Experience integrating cloud services to securely work with on premise data sources.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills, written and verbal combined with effective technical presentation skills.
- Organised, methodical and able to multi-task whilst working under tight deadlines.
- An understanding of the Upstream industry and knowledge of upstream companies’ main strategic drivers.
- Knowledge of multi-tier, high availability, cloud and on premise data engineering solutions in a complex multi-site enterprise environment.
- Experience of working within the Microsoft Azure tech stack
- Experience of working within a dynamic Agile based team.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team