Senior Design Engineer - VR/25935
Currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Design Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas service company based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire.
Working within a multi-discipline team, the Senior Design Engineer will design, qualify and commercialise new products for the oil and gas industry, specifically relating to the lower completion market. The post holder will drive elements of project management, will liaise with operators on technical requirements and will interface with the supply chain structure to ensure product delivery and quality.
The Senior Design Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Performing general design duties.
- Providing innovative and unique solutions to technical challenges.
- Completing feasibility studies on conceptual solutions.
- Creating detailed manufacture / assembly drawings.
- Controlling Product Data Maintenance (PDM) information.
- Preparing design packages for performance of design review.
- Preparing test procedures and reports, and providing assistance to workshop personnel as required.
- Supporting all regions with technical expertise.
- Providing support to Supply Chain / Quotation Teams in relation to technical matters.
- Liaising with clients, as required, for any specific project requirements.
- Mentoring / coaching / training and overseeing the work of design Engineers and Draughtspersons as assigned by Engineering Supervisor.
- Covering in absence of Engineering Supervisor when required.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree qualification in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Previous experience in a similar Senior Design Engineer type role within the downhole completions field.
- Extensive experience in the design, testing and installation of downhole completion products.
- Experience in 3D modelling (SolidWorks experience preferred).
- Experience with Mathcad, or a similar calculation package.
- A master’s degree qualification in mechanical engineering (or a similar discipline).
- Experience in the design of downhole valve systems.
- Experience of working in an operator driven R&D environment.
- Experience of FEA / CFD analysis.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team