Senior Electronics Engineer - VR/27501
Currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Electronics Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas service company based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire.
A key aspect of this role is to take inhouse the design, testing and quality management of existing and new electronics components. The Senior Electronics Engineer will support the ongoing development of wireless technology and the delivery of new and advanced downhole technology for oil and gas well applications. The role carries primary responsibility for the development and qualification of hardware and firmware for downhole tools and supporting the drive to develop innovative products.
This role will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to make a significant impact on technology used at the forefront of downhole analysis and automation.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Senior Electronics Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Taking on full responsibility for all existing electronics component design, testing and quality checking.
- Electronic control system design through applying a disciplined approach to system qualification.
- Liaising with electronics assembly technicians on build processes.
- Reviewing and updating existing testing programs and update as necessary.
- Facilitating and fast tracking fault finding and upgrading, as required.
- Reviewing and updating existing electronics design to make the system improved from current designs.
- Creating and designing new electronics systems to allow the progression of current and future product lines.
- Developing microprocessor firmware / software and management of supporting third parties.
- Developing test software / apps and test procedures for tools and equipment.
- Supporting seamless supply chain through development of key electronics supply chain and QC measures.
- Supporting commercialisation of qualified products through technical documentation and training.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering, or similar.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Experience in developing downhole tools with regards to firmware and software integration.
- An understanding of downhole technology within the oil and gas sector.
- Relevant programming skills – C programming languages and LabVIEW electronics development experience.
- Ability to build basic electronic circuits for test purposes.
- Ability to design and evaluate complex electronic circuits.
- Ability to design, develop and understand microprocessor code.
- Understanding of sensor, data gathering and distribution of data to various sources.
- Ability to develop, de-bug and trial products.
- A master’s degree in Electronics Engineering, or similar.
- Experience in the design and component selection of mechanical, electro-hydraulic systems.
- Experience with completions, logging, MWD or monitoring.
- Experience with the design of micro-controller-based systems.
- Experience in testing prototype tools.
- Experience with the testing of downhole and hydraulic systems.
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team