Senior Flow Assurance Engineer - VR/23435
Currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Flow Assurance Engineer on a permanent staff basis for a Subsea company based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire. Working within the Front End and System Engineering Team, the Senior Flow Assurance Engineer will be involved in several stages of the field development process, all the way through to latter project phases. The successful candidate will work closely with Study Managers to define the best technical solution for the field.
The Senior Flow Assurance Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Performing steady state, transient thermal and hydraulic flow simulations.
- Interacting with other engineering disciplines, such as subsurface / reservoir engineering, production chemistry, subsea pipelines and distribution and topsides process.
- Although study / project activities will be based mainly in the flow assurance arena, this role may also involve other process engineering activities, or advising on the technical viability of a range of field development scenarios.
- Steering and helping with the development of junior flow assurance personnel.
- Leading flow assurance exercises on field development studies and / or projects.
- Applying flow assurance engineering skills to integrated studies independently.
- Assisting PEM and FDE in client facing meetings and contributing towards the field scenario framing exercise.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A degree qualification in an engineering discipline is essential.
- Chartered Engineer status would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar Senior Flow Assurance type role, within the oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Relevant experience in upstream oil and gas projects is essential.
- Previous experience in field development, conceptual and front-end subsea engineering would be preferred.
- Applicants will be expected to have experience of working in multi-disciplinary environments, including working closely with Process, Pipeline and Subsea Engineers.
- Applicants will be expected to have advanced knowledge with flow assurance and fluid analysis applications, such as OLGA, PIPESIM, PIPEFLO, PVTsim and HYSYS etc.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team