Senior HSE Advisor - VR/25977
Join an oil and gas manufacturing company who are looking for a Senior HSE Advisor on a permanent staff basis to join their branch in Bridge of Don, Aberdeen.
Reporting to the QHSE Manager, as the Senior HSE Advisor, you will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Ensuring compliance with company health & safety policy and procedures, safe working practices and Statutory Regulations.
- Ensuring compliance with company environmental policy and procedures, and Statutory Regulations.
- Supporting the achievement of agreed HSE objectives, both personal and for the department.
- Monitoring and evaluating compliance with statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety, environment and welfare at work.
- Ensuring updates are evaluated and communicated.
- Escalating appropriately non-compliance with legislation and regulation and support process to compliance.
- Coordinating and attending HSE certification audits and supporting the process of closing any non-conformances.
- Conducting HSE sub-contractor audits and supporting the process of closing any non-conformances.
- Supporting the development, simplification and integration of the HSE management system, including updates and creation of procedures.
- Evaluating external service providers with regards to HSE and supporting Purchasing in their approval process.
- Supporting the maintenance of electronic NCR database for VOGUK, including:
- Supporting registration and close-out of Internal & External Audit Issues, HSE Incidents and other relevant opportunities.
- Supporting staff in its correct use.
- Liaising with relevant bodies such as local authorities, public bodies and competent bodies as requested by HSE Manager North Sea.
- Providing HSE support to other VOGUK locations as requested.
- Managing arrangements for the reporting and collation of information on accidents, incidents and near misses.
- Maintaining business critical HSE activities, including, but not limited to risk assessments, safe working procedures, safety inspections and site 5S standards.
- Maintaining and developing effective working relationships with VOGUK employees and management:
- Following-upon routine checks to ensure fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported.
- Delivering health and safety awareness training, new start and visitor HSE induction training.
- Carry out DSE, CoSHH and Manual Handling assessments.
- Co-ordinate First Aiders & Fire Marshals and ensure roles and responsibilities are understood and executed.
- Health & Safety Qualification (NEBOSH General or equivalent).
- Environmental Management Qualification (can be substituted for relevant experience).
- Internal auditing certificate for one of HSE management systems.
- Working knowledge of ISO 45001 Occupational Health Management System and ISO 14001 Environmental Management System.
- Proven experience of formulating, implementing and revising environmental, HSE policies and procedures.
- Proven experience in HSE Management System implementation and auditing.
- Strong understanding of UK regulations and legislation relating to HSE and welfare at work.
- COSHH Assessor Trained.
- Strong numeracy, written and verbal communication skills and the aptitude to rationally explain, explore and discuss both planning and environmental issues.
- Strong IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- Excellent time management organisation and focus on ability to prioritise and multitask with clear ability to focus on detail.
- Relevant experience in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with API Q1 and Q2 requirements.
- NEBOSH Fire Certificate (or prepared to undertake qualification).
- NEBOSH Environmental Certificate (or prepared to undertake qualification).
- Investigation Qualification (or prepared to undertake qualification).
- Member of Institute of Occupational Safety & Health (IOSH).
- Root Cause Analysis Certification/trained.
TMM Recruitment INDQHS
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team