Senior Instrument Engineer - VR/25849
Currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Instrument Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas EPC provider based in central Aberdeen.
The Senior Instrument Engineer will be responsible for coordinating the outputs and deliverables of the Instrument Team during the bidding and execution phases, and ensuring the engineered product provides a cost-effective and high-quality solution. You’ll liaise with clients and will make sure that you’re meeting their needs, as well as discuss future opportunities that the company can provide support with. You will supervise junior instrument team members in the preparation, checking and approval of technical deliverables, and will support them in their professional development.
This role has a management responsibility for overseeing the improvement and delivery of engineering output with senior engineers accountable for their own work. A commitment to engaging and using the Integrated Management System will be vital in this role, as will your ability to think commercially.
Reporting to the Lead Instrument Engineer, the Senior Instrument Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Delivering technical excellence through working with a wider team.
- Delivering cost-effective design solutions.
- Ownership of instrument technical output to ensure resolution for clients.
- Working in accordance with, and improve, the company’s integrated management system.
- Preparing, checking and approving design / engineering documentation.
- Preparing and checking proposals.
- Working in accordance with relevant codes, standards and procedures.
- Ensuring technical integrity of all discipline deliverables on the project.
- Reviewing discipline specific work packs, drawings and procedures against design basis, specifications and scope of work.
- Reporting on any critical issues identified and make proposal for remedial action.
- Design clarifications and advising on engineering queries / change proposals raised during completion.
- Developing junior Instrument Team personnel.
- Delivering projects on time and within budget.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A relevant engineering degree qualification would be preferred.
- Chartered Engineer status, or working towards, would be preferred.
- Current / valid offshore certification would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar Instrument Engineer type role, within the oil and gas industry, is essential.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role, within the oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Applicants should be comfortable with having face-to-face discussions with clients and potential customers.
TMM Recruitment firstname.lastname@example.org
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team