Senior IS Business Analyst (Projects & Business) - VR/24817
TMM Recruitment is working with a major, multi-national energy organisation based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire to bring in an experienced Senior Business Analyst to join there IS Business Projects team ASAP on a 12-month contract basis. The company is only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role and remote working will be available, however there is also a requirement to attend the office in person on a regular basis.
The role holder will have interfaces across all departments in the affiliate organisation while, externally, the they will be responsible for representing the company with vendors and suppliers and amongst industry peers. The job holder will be largely self-directed within broad goals and priorities and has the opportunity to give value by way of their own ideas and proposals.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate all the necessary qualities of effective project or function management as they are trusted with the management of areas of activity regarded as key to success in the exploitation of IS to the asset as follows:
- Managing and controlling IS delegated budget for the asset, identifying cost savings where possible.
- Negotiating and monitoring all IS work plan activities which impact the asset.
- Giving direction and leadership to IS projects and other work within the asset.
- Promoting and innovating new solutions that add value and/or improvement to the asset.
- Providing analysis and business case guidance to ensure IS systems meet asset requirements.
- Monitoring, reporting and ensuring action is taken on IS performance and services delivered to the asset.
- Ensuring integrity and security of asset IS Systems in-line with IS Strategy and governance.
- Conducting IS Account Manager role for the asset.
Critical Internal Contacts: Asset Management and Team Leads, Performance Leader, Lead HR Business Partner, IS Manager, IS Business Services Leader and other IS Leads.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Driving the Asset IS Strategic Plan and budget process in liaison with the wider IS Department to ensure that the required work program and associated budgets are agreed and validated by the Asset director, IS Manager and IS Business Services Leader.
- Negotiating and monitoring the IS work program for the Asset to ensure alignment with plans, and negotiating and agreeing any deviations with the IS Department Section Heads and relevant service owners within the business and IS.
- Responsible for IS business analysis, solution design/architecture and consultancy services to customers.
- Developing work program in liaison with all parts of the Asset to maximise the company’s investment and adding value in making recommendations on IS expenditure for enhancements and projects in consultation with corporate IS services.
- Promoting and driving innovation by initiating studies of new solutions, tracking industry trends, mobilising expert teams when necessary, and follow-up of such studies through to conclusion.
- Guiding the asset in the specification of requirements for any new business needs, working with the IS Department to ensure that business cases are validated, budgets agreed and that work is scheduled.
- Working with the Assets to ensure understanding of the IS company rules for following agreed standards and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Leading IS Projects to implement asset specific solutions where appropriate.
- Leading transverse IS projects (functional analysis as well as the technical implementation to ensure that they are implemented on time and on budget realising the benefits envisaged).
- Collaborating with the wider IS Department to help deliver specific transverse projects impacting their area.
- Ensuring support for specific transverse business systems used by the assets.
- Nominated contract representative for specific IS contracts where services impact the asset.
- Delivering service to customers in a manner that will meet agreed targets of cost, time, quality and performance.
- Defining asset specific IS KPIs and SLAs to ensure the best possible service is delivered for the asset.
- Monitoring and reporting on the delivery and performance of the Corporate Services IS function identifying any anomalies for follow up discussion and corrective action by the IS services.
- Identifying IS familiarisation and training needs for the asset personnel, working with the IS Corporate Services to define training program to increase the level of technical awareness.
- Coordinating with the wider IS Team to ensure availability of IS Systems to support asset business processes.
- Assisting with developing strategies and strategic direction for continued improvement in the asset to achieve asset objectives
- Liaising with the affiliate RSSI-L for IS security matters relating to the asset.
- Facilitating security audits of the Asset IS systems as needed, in conjunction with the RSSI-L.
- Ability and experience to take decisions that are both technically sound and take the needs of the organisation and asset fully into account.
INDIT TMM Recruitment
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team