Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer – VR/23892
TMM Recruitment are working with a leading, global energy sector service provider specialising in subsea, onshore / offshore, and surface projects to source a Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer on a permanent basis.
Based in Westhill, Aberdeen, this role requires applicants to have extensive experience in data centres and server operations and knowledge of technology vendors – Vmware, Microsoft, Cisco, NetApp, Veeam, amongst others – with certification is highly desirable.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Maintaining, monitoring and supporting the infrastructure environment and / or facilities such as:
- Data Centres.
- Physical Servers.
- Virtual infrastructure and their virtual machines (VMware, Hyper-V, AOS).
- Windows Servers and Linux.
- Storage (NetApp, DellEMC).
- Backup and Restore (Veeam).
- VMware Horizon and Citrix.
- Working on multiple cross-functional base work initiatives and projects.
- Diagnosing and resolving complex hardware, software and connectivity problems.
- Ensuring high quality IT service delivery through proper testing, quality assurance and documentation preceding complete rollout and normal operation.
- Participating in providing accurate budgetary figures and cost / benefit justifications for the IT Data Centre Manager.
- Managing and participating in IT projects whenever required.
- Following change management processes providing change request initiation, control and impact assessment.
- Developing and maintaining processes, procedures, standards and documentation to support successful operation of the server and storage infrastructure.
- Managing third-party services needed to provide IT services according to business requirements.
- Providing guidance and ensuring IT security and continuity providing security patching, software and hardware updates, malicious software prevention, detection and correction.
- Developing and supporting security processes.
- Ensuring relevant backup and recovery of data, software and system configurations in order to support the IT Disaster Recovery plan.
- Providing a stable, secure and auditable server environment to enable efficient use of business applications and data.
- Ensuring software compliance within the server and storage infrastructure area.
- Responsible for technical roadmap development, implementation and improvement of Server and Storage Infrastructure for regional and global systems.
- Responsible for capacity and resource planning for Server and Storage Infrastructure supporting regional and global systems.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering or computer science or any other IT variant course level is required.
- Technical certifications from main technology vendors such as VMware, Microsoft, Cisco, Nutanix, NetApp, Veeam, Citrix and so on are desirable.
- Extensive relevant experience in data centres and server operations.
This role offers:
- Opportunities to work on exciting projects.
- A chance to work within a diverse and international team.
- Opportunities to develop your skills, knowledge and experience.
- An attractive benefits package, including life insurance and private healthcare.
- Access to our on-site gym and staff restaurant.
- Flexible ways of working.
- Challenging work.
- Strong team spirit.
- A positive working environment.
- Opportunities to join Employee Network Resource Groups (ENRGs) in support of Inclusion and Diversity, Wellbeing and the Environment.
- Opportunities to contribute to our Environmental, Social Governance (ESG) efforts.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team