Senior Legal Advisor - VR/27013
TMM Recruitment is working with a E&P company to assist in finding a Senior Legal Advisor on a permanent basis to support their diverse operations in the UKCS, Africa, and global business development. This role involves managing contracts, negotiating oil and gas agreements, handling disputes, and ensuring regulatory compliance. If you are a proactive, hands-on legal professional and would like to know more please get in touch to see if this could be your next career move.
To provide assistance and advice to the company with regard to the management of all aspects of the company’s legal responsibilities and agreements in relation to its ongoing operations in the UKCS, Africa and in respect of business development activities in the UKCS, Africa or elsewhere. Supporting the other members of the legal group.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supporting the company’s experienced Legal Department Team. Carrying out the following both in an individual and team support capacity.
- In conjunction with contracts and procurement colleagues: matters relating to the procurement and ongoing management of contracts with providers, suppliers and contractors (including for drilling, well services, FPSO and project activities).
- In conjunction with commercial colleagues: the drafting, reviewing, negotiation and management of upstream oil and gas agreements and transactions, oil and gas transportation and sales, decommissioning.
- In conjunction with commercial and other colleagues: the drafting, reviewing, negotiation and management of acquisition and divestment agreements and transactions including asset and corporate sale and purchase agreements and farm-in/out agreements.
- Advising and handling claims, litigation, arbitration and other dispute resolution matters.
- Advising on and handling legal regulatory matters including anti-bribery/FCPA, sanctions and trade restrictions/embargos.
- Instructing and managing external advisors.
- Company secretarial, corporate re-organisational matters, financing and other corporate matters.
- Reviewing and advising on third party transactional documents.
- Legal research and analysis.
- General legal assistance in respect of all aspects of the company’s activities and business including HSE, property and employment law matters.
- Assisting Assistant General Counsel, International and others in the Legal Department in all aspects of the provision of a comprehensive legal service to the company.
- Deputising for the Assistant General Counsel, International.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Good presentation skills.
- Excellent communicator.
- Motivated and open-minded.
- Team player.
- Promote a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion in line with the company’s EDI strategy: commit to learning about developing inclusive cultures and eliminating blockers to diversity in the working environment.
- Ability to understand, draft, review and negotiate legal/transactional/commercial documents.
- Ability to represent company and persuasively articulate company’s positions in the face of third parties including government authorities and peer/competitor companies: in both a support and lead capacity.
- Manage, support and motivate the current senior legal group.
- Work in a close and coordinated manner with the Supply Chain and Commercial Operations group.
- Qualified solicitor/potentially advocate/barrister.
- Corporate/commercial and/or E&P/energy experience (in-house or private practice).
TMM Recruitment INDLEG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team