Senior Legal Counsel - VR/22746
Senior Legal Counsel required on a 12-month temporary basis to join an organisation that takes pride in being a leader in the energy industry. The focus of the role is to provide legal support to the North Sea and other global business units. Duties will include contract reviews and negotiations, legal advice and support to various departments on a range of topics, drafting agreements and other legal tasks as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviewing and qualifying general and special conditions contained within prospective client’s invitations to tender.
- Identifying and advising Tender Team on recommended steps to mitigate potential contractual and commercial risks.
- Engaging with other functions to ensure review of the complete bid.
- Attending tender board as part of the tender team to present a contractual risk summary to Management.
- Attending meetings with prospective clients and suppliers to negotiate acceptable terms and conditions
- Providing guidance to Contracts Department, Supply Chain and Project personnel on contractual wording / risk mitigation and advising on contractual interpretation.
- Drafting and reviewing general legal agreements.
- Providing corporate legal support including company secretarial matters, M&A and joint ventures.
- Providing compliance advice, review due diligence questionnaires from suppliers.
- Delivering training to other departments.
- Providing general legal advice.
- Instructing external legal counsel.
Applicants to this role require:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to build and maintain strong business relationships at all levels.
- Credibility and professionalism, with the ability to operate with the highest standards of integrity, preserving confidentiality at all times.
- The initiative and ownership to work autonomously, while also being able to work collaboratively with team members and key stakeholders.
- Numeric with excellent attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Excellent planning skills, accustomed to meeting multiple and competing deadlines.
- Organisational and commercial awareness.
- Accustomed to working within a multi-national, multi-location environment.
- Flexible and adaptable to meet the evolving needs of a 24/7 global business.
This role would suit a qualified lawyer with experience of reviewing, negotiating and advising on tendering contracts. In-house legal experience and oil and gas sector experience preferred.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team