Senior Light Well Intervention Engineer - VR/25936
Currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Light Well Intervention Engineer on a contract basis for an E&P Operator based in Kingswells, Aberdeen. It is an initial 12-month contract position - however, it is anticipated to be a long-term position. The company are only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role and hybrid working will be on offer. It will also involve occasional offshore travel - therefore, applicants must be prepared to work offshore.
Reporting to the Completion, Workover and Subsea Engineering Manager, the Senior Light Well Intervention Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Planning and preparing subsea well suspension and abandonment campaigns.
- Ensuring all regulatory body submissions are prepared on schedule.
- Ensuring timely compliance with the requirements of the Well Examination Scheme.
- Preparing programmes, including equipment specification in a timely manner.
- Preparing cost estimates and cost control for well intervention, suspension and abandonment activities.
- Awareness of new technologies, and if practical, incorporate those into well suspension and abandonment work programmes.
- Evaluating execution and operational performance.
- Ensuring well intervention, suspension and abandonment programmes, amendments and dispensations to policy are prepared on schedule and are adequately risk assessed.
- Liaising with Completion, Subsea and Production teams to ensure well suspension and abandonment work is scheduled accordingly via a plan of work.
- Providing onsite support for well suspension and abandonment operations.
- Providing engineering support for the wider Completion, Subsea and Drilling Team.
- Providing adequate post-job analysis, ensuring lessons learned are documented and shared.
- Assuring adequate third-party Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
- Ensuring any integrity anomalies are investigated fully, and if required, a plan of repair advised.
- Occasional offshore trips as and when required.
Experience / Qualifications:
- IWCF Level 4 certification.
- Extensive experience with Light Well Intervention operations within the UKCS.
- A strong track record in all well servicing disciplines including expertise in at least one of the following areas of completion design: wireline, open hole or cased hole logging, coil tubing and pumping services.
- Extensive knowledge of Subsea Tree system interfaces (both Horizontal and Vertical).
- Awareness of the role of UK regulatory organisations, such as OGA, HSE and BEIS with regards to wells.
- Working knowledge of UK legislation relevant to the wells’ lifecycle (DCR, SCR2015).
- Understanding of risk assessment and risk management principles and practices, as applied to wells.
- Experience of managing third-party service providers.
- Experience with the selection of suspension / abandonment equipment including materials requirements.
- Extensive experience of both LWI (Light Well Intervention) and rig-based abandonment planning and operations.
TMM Recruitment email@example.com
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team