Senior Material & Procurement Analyst - VR/26453
Senior Material & Procurement Analyst required to join our client, a major player in the UK energy industry, for a 12-month contract.
As Senior Material & Procurement Analyst, you’ll work within a team responsible for the planning, prioritisation and delivery of effective procurement and stock activities to meet the operational needs of the company
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Planning, managing and prioritising workload to ensure that operational and long-term requirements of the assets, technical services and corporate services are met.
- Participating in the development of material and procurement procedures and coach stakeholders to increase knowledge and competence of the process.
- Building network of duets with all key stakeholders, ensuring the material procurement and stock needs are understood and priorities known, highlighting any areas of concern.
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with suppliers to identify and maintain a cost-effective supply, developing frame agreements where appropriate.
- Participating in negotiations during tender and award phase of material purchase orders to ensure best value.
- Proactively supporting implementation of category strategies.
- Participating in the delivery of stock optimisation activities of the affiliate, identifying improvements to stock management processes and communicating action plans to minimise stock levels.
- Participating in the identification, approval, tendering and disposal of surplus and obsolete stock material, maximising the sale value achieved while minimising any impact on OPEX for assets.
- Delivering to agreed performance indicators ensuring the operational needs and department objectives are tracked and achieved.
- Collaborating with C&P Support and Performance team to agree KPI, CPI and SOX results while driving the development and delivery of action plans to promote continuous improvement of the material procurement and stock process.
- Providing technical expertise in areas of specification, inspection, storage of materials and equipment.
Our client is a seeking a candidate with the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Demonstrable experience in supply chain material procurement and stock management processes.
- Detailed knowledge of SAP Materials Management functionality and application in supply chain processes.
- Proven capability to operate with a globally distributed network of colleagues to manage relationships and synergies.
- Effective communicator - both verbally and written – with the ability to challenge & negotiate constructively to influence decisions or ways of working.
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally with other departments.
- Adaptable and flexible with the ability to support change and a culture of continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of the legal aspects associated with procurement.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team