Senior Mechanical Engineer - Hydraulics - VR/26176
Currently recruiting for an experienced office-based Senior Mechanical Engineer - Hydraulics on a permanent staff basis for an Engineering Services company based in Aberdeen. This role will involve occasional offshore travel.
This role would suit an experienced engineering professional who can perform engineering calculations, and who has experience in hydraulic fault finding and system design.
Reporting to the Lead Discipline Engineer, the Senior Mechanical Engineer – Hydraulics will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for safe delivery of technical engineering tasks, from initial kick-off to issue of deliverables.
- Responsible for indirect supervision and work allocation of discipline engineers to undertake duties within a multidiscipline engineering group.
- Performing engineering support in the detailing of work scope methodologies including equipment and specialist tooling specification, compiling and reviewing design inputs and functional requirements.
- Site based duties will include being client and company assigned Engineer, responsible for all aspects of work scope implementation in accordance with client and company procedures.
- Creating technical outputs including, but not limited to, drawings, calculations and procedures.
- Responsible for providing technical guidance for specified discipline across Company business lines as required.
- Responsible for delivering technical work scopes.
- Mentoring and directing junior Technical Engineers.
- Providing innovative designs to solve client needs.
- Supervising testing of unit designs.
- Assistance with updating and maintenance of drawings and records, and being proactive in system improvement initiatives to support quality management system.
- Providing drawings and calculations in support of designs.
- Checking and approving drawings and data.
- Preparing bills of materials and purchase requisitions.
- Performing offshore / site surveys as necessary to acquire input data.
- Responsible for progress inputting and updates where required.
- Responsible for drafting and issuing project change documentation, capturing scope growth and / or variations.
- Identifying risks to the project and escalating or managing them, as appropriate.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A relevant engineering degree / HND qualification would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar Senior Mechanical Engineer – Hydraulics type role, within the oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Previous hydraulic system design experience is essential.
- Applicants should be able to execute engineering calculations using Mathcad, MATLAB and 3D modelling software.
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team