Senior Operational Occupational Health & Safety Advisor - VR/27621
Our oil and gas operator client is currently looking for a Senior Operational Occupational Health & Safety Advisor on a 12 month PAYE Contract basis. This role is based in their office in Westhill with a requirement for offshore travel.
Reporting to the Operational Safety Lead, as the Senior Operational Occupational Health & Safety Advisor, you will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Maintaining and developing occupational health and operational safety standards, procedures, systems and tools, including the production of appropriate Level 1 and Level 2 procedures.
- Managing and supporting HSE Manager with medical provider contract and budgeting.
- Supporting the implementation and maintenance of the occupational health and operational safety compliance monitoring programme.
- Developing and implementing occupational health and operational safety training.
- Supporting workforce engagement, safety rep engagement, and safety culture development programmes.
- Supporting and delivering World Day For Safety and World Health Day initiatives.
- Developing, implementing and monitoring behavioural safety and safety observation programmes.
- Analysing occupational health and operational safety trends to drive improvements.
- Engaging with Asset HSE Teams and Onshore HSE Committee to understand and support their occupational health and operational safety requirements.
- Project occupational health and operational safety support.
- Preparing contractor interface documents.
- Preparing emergency and bridging documents.
- Developing, implementing, maintaining and using occupational health and operational safety specialist software.
- Supporting Synergi governance and corporate occupational health and operational safety reporting requirements.
- Providing support on occupational health monitoring to Medics.
- Maintaining a high awareness of industry and professional best practice through effective networking, professional organisations, journals, etc.
- Assisting in the input of occupational health and safety objectives into the annual HSE improvement plan.
- Assisting in the input of occupational health and safety audits into the annual TEPUK HSE audit plan through a risk based assessment looking at areas such as legal compliance and incident trends.
- Responsible for providing the required support to assets during implementation of safety and occupational health plans and procedures. This support may require spending a period of time on the operational site during roll-out and implementation.
- Participating in onshore and offshore health and safety committees.
- Conducting accident investigation / root cause analysis.
- Assisting in ensuring HSE applications are effectively implemented across TEPUK.
- Assisting in the compilation of SIMOPS dossiers for simultaneous operations between operations and construction / operations and drilling, Siesmic and operations.
- Responsible for the HSE evaluation of contractors during the ITT process and the follow up of any recommendations made during the HSE evaluation.
- Responsible for attending and providing the input to contractor performance review meetings.
- Responsible for ensuring the quality of Synergi inputs and ensuring Synergi governance is adhered to.
- Assisting in communicating information relating to incidents across the business.
- Monitoring compliance with occupational health and hygiene standards across all assets (e.g. accommodation hygiene, potable water management, noise, handling of chemicals / COSHH, ergonomics, radioactive materials, health surveillance, management of hazardous substances e.g. mercury, benzene, etc.).
- Assisting in developing health surveillance strategy for company and contractors so that records are kept of personnel exposure (e.g. noise, hand arm vibration, nightshift working etc.).
- Responsible for running reports and benchmarking safety and occupational health data to input into improvement plans.
Key Experience / Qualifications:
- Professional safety / occupational health qualification.
- Capable of influencing the impact of emerging legislation and industry trends.
- Representing the company at an industry level and leading / facilitating workgroups.
- Good knowledge of UK onshore and offshore health and safety legislation, sufficient to offer good advice without reference, and be able to offer detailed advice through reference to documentation.
- Trained to lead investigations of significant accidents / incidents.
- Possess current Offshore Survival Certificate and OGUK medical.
TMM Recruitment INDQHS
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team