Senior Operations Geologist - VR/24773
Currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Operations Geologist on a contract basis for an oil & gas operator based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire. The contract will initially run until the end of January 2023 - however the overall duration is likely to be over 12 months. The company is ideally looking to have the successful candidate in post by the start of July 2022.
The company is only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role. Flexibility is essential for this position, as it will require evening / weekend work during peak operations.
The Senior Operations Geologist will be required to see the project through final well planning, operational phases and post-well studies and documentation.
Reporting to the Lead Operations Geologist, the Senior Operations Geologist will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Closing out required well planning activities for the Isabella appraisal well, in conjunction with D&W, Asset GSR and BD in accordance with Company Rules, Guidelines and Procedures.
- Ensuring timely production of the Well Statement of Requirements (WSOR) and the detailed data acquisition programmes to ensure optimised well planning.
- Assisting with the preparation of WONS (Well Operations and Notifications System) applications and notifications.
- Coordinating and managing subsurface studies by HQ (AWI) and external parties.
- Ensuring contract release orders for relevant services are issued. Monitoring service quality, conduct technical approval of invoices and compile data acquisition costs.
- Ensuring all operations under GSO remit are completed safely according to HSE guidelines and company rules.
- Interpreting or validating geological data, while drilling, to optimise ongoing operations and limit financial exposure.
- Reporting and communicating interpreted data to GSO leadership, TS management and relevant GSR and D&W groups.
- Performing basic petrophysical interpretations (quick-look) in conjunction with the Petrophysicist.
- Performing outline pore pressure evaluation in HPHT PTZ / reservoir intervals.
- Ensuring Final Geological Reports are prepared and issued in accordance with defined timelines.
- Updating geological operations lessons learnt databases and providing Return on Experience (REX).
- Engaging with partners during well planning and delivery. Presenting final results to partners and representing the company at a senior technical level.
- If required, performing periodic visits to wellsite to promote HSE and present pre-job briefings.
- As part of a duty roster, providing duty operations cover at weekends for other company geological operations.
Experience / Qualifications:
- IFP competency certification is essential.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar Operations Geologist type role, within the oil & gas industry, is essential.
- Experience of working as part of a multi-discipline Geoscience Team, within a large Operator environment, is essential.
- HPHT well planning and delivery experience is essential.
- Pore pressure prediction and analysis methodology experience is essential.
- In-depth knowledge of formation evaluation services is essential.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team