Senior Pipeline Materials and Manufacture Engineer - VR/26714
Currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Pipeline Materials and Manufacture Engineer on a permanent staff basis for a Subsea Contractor based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire. Hybrid working opportunities will also be available.
The Senior Pipeline Materials and Manufacture Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Leading review during tender to ensure that Client specific requirements are fully captured in the final technical requirements issued to the Supplier.
- Performing and / or providing guidance and review of materials selection studies performed during FEED or tender. Advising the Project Team of the most appropriate selection for their project.
- Performing corrosion allowance review using the NORSOK model during tender to allow commercial assessment of competing solutions.
- Leading review of subcontractor’s critical documentation such as ITP, MPS, and technical procedures - ensuring that they are compliant against the agreed specification.
- Performing technical assessment to ensure correct material selection for project, including scopes for pipe, forgings, fittings and bends.
- Witnessing testing at subcontractors (including factory / fabrication tests, bend tests, corrosion tests) and attending project PPM / Clarification meetings.
- Participating in first deployment / implementation of pipeline product and new materials.
- Collecting lessons learnt from project cost of non-quality incidents for materials to enable feedback into the Engineering Consolidation work stream.
- Effectively managing on-going R&D tasks that have been allocated by the PMM Technical Manager to ensure they are completed to forecast schedule and budget. Leading the input from junior team members, where allocated to the assigned scope of work.
- Providing input for the development of R&D proposals for future activities.
- Participating in product and process development activities, particularly where related to pipe / new pipe materials, and identify new / key pipe product & materials opportunities for the Group.
- Preparing Group Procurement Specifications and product governance documents, including the management of the Steering Group review process prior to issuing new group standards.
- Writing technical documentation relating to Company research and development activities.
- Leading junior team members in their efforts to maintain materials consolidation and pipeline property databases, ensuring track record of usage and performance of different materials / products is systematically captured.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A Degree qualification in Materials, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering - with a strong focus on metallurgy.
- Previous experience in a similar role within the Oil & Gas industry.
- Experience with SURF systems, particularly related to pipeline materials / manufacturing technologies.
- Experience with pipeline material selection, manufacturing and installation.
- Manufacturing / fabrication experience.
- Oil & Gas operational / project experience.
- Experience of interacting with third party suppliers within the pipe manufacturing field.
- Strong knowledge of FMECA and Six Sigma.
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team