Senior Project Engineer - VR/26694
Currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Project Engineer on a contract basis for an E&P Company based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire. It is a new project position, and the contract is anticipated to last for 9-12 months. The company are only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role.
The Senior Project Engineer will be responsible for the management and coordination of a portfolio of OPEX and CAPEX modifications and projects from initiation to close out. The post holder will mainly be providing support in the following areas:
- Compressor replacement.
- Potable water modifications.
- 24” LP pipeline repair.
- LP & LLP flowlines.
- Alternative purge gas route.
- MPP buffer tank replacement.
Reporting to the Lead Project Engineer, the Senior Project Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Ensuring employees, contracted staff and contractor personnel are aware of the relevant systems of work and procedures.
- Ensuring safe working practices are carried out to minimise Lost Time Incidents, HIPOs and other reportable incidents.
- Ensuring that the project statement of requirements and modification pre-engineering dossier requirements are met and completed with the quality specified and within budget and timescale.
- Ensuring close interface with engineering and construction contractor through engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning phases to ensure successful delivery of project or modification.
- Coordinating the interface between project / modification contractors and company technical authorities and/or discipline experts and/or asset management for efficient delivery of project work.
- Seeking opportunities to minimise cost to company while maintaining safety.
- Ensuring project risks are identified, highlighted and managed.
- Ensuring verification activities are managed with IVB.
- Ensuring a smooth transition of project or modification delivery to operations and close out is completed.
- Monitoring contractors' performance in accordance with contractual requirements and especially in area of safety and technical expertise to ensure all company standards are met.
- Ensuring Projects and Modifications Leader, Project and Engineering Manager and respective Asset Management Team are informed of ongoing projects status.
- Ensuring preparation of cost forecast and budgets.
- Ensuring that best practice and technical innovations are shared and implemented through the company's projects.
- Ensuring that projects and modifications are carried out in line with current regulations (DCR, PFEER, etc.) and Group rules.
- Accountable for ensuring compliance with company project / modification governance procedures for all phases of the project process, including appropriate and complete closure of projects.
- Supporting and participating in continuous improvement initiatives within the projects and modifications domain.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A relevant engineering degree qualification would be preferred.
- Chartered Engineer status would be preferred.
- A project management qualification would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar Senior Project Engineer type role, within the oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role, directly with an operator, would be preferred.
- Applicants will be expected to have experience of working with a range of complex projects and modifications.
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team