Senior Riser Engineer – VR/24979
Currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Riser Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an oil & gas company based in Cove, Aberdeen.
The Senior Riser Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- General management duties including reporting to senior staff.
- Technical supervision of junior engineering staff.
- Preparing proposals / quotations.
- QA checking calculations / reports.
- Modelling steel and flexible pipe riser systems.
- Modelling conductor, top tensioned and drilling riser systems.
- Preparing technical reports and presentations.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A degree qualification in engineering, science, mathematics, or another related technical subject, is essential.
- Applicants will be expected to possess 10+ years’ experience in riser system engineering.
- Previous experience in a similar Senior Riser Engineer type role, within the oil anf gas industry, is essential.
- Experience with steel and flexible pipe riser systems is essential.
- Experience with conductor, top tensioned and drilling riser systems is essential.
- Experience with marine and drilling and workover systems would be preferred.
- Experience with the structural / hydrodynamic testing of riser components is essential.
- Experience with general purpose analytic packages - such as ABAQUS, ANSYS, OrcaFlex or Flexcom – is essential.
- Experience with system layout / detailed design drawings is essential.
- Extensive knowledge of API and DNV codes and standards, relating to riser engineering, is essential.
- Analysis and design experience, including the ability to undertake detailed hand calculations using Excel and / or Mathcad, is essential.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team