Senior Structural Advanced Composite Design Engineer - VR/23260
Currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Structural Advanced Composite Design Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas company based in Cove, Aberdeen. The company is flexible on location and they are open to offering a remote working structure.
The Senior Structural Advanced Composite Design Engineer will design and develop a range of offshore composite structures utilised within several industries (Oil & Gas, Renewables, Marine etc). The post holder will lead a team of Composite Design Engineers to produce innovative engineering solutions, primarily based upon offshore composite structures.
This role would suit an experienced Structural Composite Design Engineer who has experience in the design of load bearing structures utilising composite materials, as well as experience in designing layups and matrix configurations / technologies.
The Senior Structural Advanced Composite Design Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Leading the team responsible for all advanced composites-based designs and development programmes, keeping all stakeholders informed in support of the tendering process.
- Producing competitive cost-effective designs in line with customer specifications and industry standards.
- Leading the team responsible for all advanced composite design engineering tasks, in support of product development, evolution and cost reduction – in line with relevant customer specifications and industry standards.
- Leading and mentoring the team responsible for all advanced composite design engineering tasks, in support of all live project work, to ensure that products are produced in line with customer specifications and industry standards.
- Providing technical guidance and support across the business.
- Leading design of new composite (fibre reinforced plastics) products from initial concept stage through to production.
- Producing technical reports, detailing work completed and products produced. This includes, but is not limited to, engineering structural calculations and Finite Element Analysis.
- Leading and conducting appropriate material and manufacturing selection dependent upon project specifications.
- Producing 3D CAD models and detail drawings to provide solutions in accordance with project requirements.
- Assisting in the development of company design systems, standards and procedures.
- Identifying and implementing opportunities for continuous improvement on product design and performance.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A degree qualification in a relevant Mechanical or Structural Engineering discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years’ design engineering experience in an advanced composites environment.
- Previous experience in a similar Senior Structural Advanced Composites Design Engineer type role.
- Experience in a leadership role, which has involved mentoring less experienced Engineers.
- Comprehensive knowledge of composite structures, materials, matrices, layups and composite manufacturing techniques.
- Comprehensive knowledge of subsea structural analysis and validation methods and techniques, relating to composite design.
- Experience using FEA methods (ANSYS experience preferred).
- 3D CAD software experience (preferably Inventor).
- 8+ years’ mechanical / structural design engineering experience with considerable experience in composite design.
- Extensive experience in mechanical and composite FEA within ANSYS.
- Autodesk Inventor and Meridian experience.
- Experience with Mathcad.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team