Senior Structural Engineer - VR/28634
TMM Recruitment is supporting our client with the appointment of a temporary Senior Structural Engineer in an E&P company. It’s a core contract position that will be eligible for annual renewal so it will be a long-term opportunity. The company are only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role and hybrid working opportunities will be available.
Working within the Inspection and Integrity department, the Senior Structural Engineer will provide technical/engineering advice and support in relation to structural activities. The post holder will be responsible for the implementation of the application of the minimum maintenance strategies in accordance with LEAN principles, with the aim of reducing asset OPEX whilst maintaining operational efficiency and asset integrity.
Reporting to the Inspection and Integrity Leader, the Senior Structural Engineer will have the main duties and responsibilities:
- Providing technical/engineering advice and support in relation to maintenance and inspection activities in structural engineering.
- Assisting the company’s Structural Authority, as required, regarding SECE equipment related to structural or civil engineering. Defining and maintaining the means of assurance activities required to achieve and maintain the performance standards over the asset life cycle.
- Managing the asset’s SECEs relating to their discipline.
- Responsible for technical justification deferrals of SECE related maintenance.
- Participating in and contributing to safety studies / HAZOPS, etc.
- Preparing the discipline budget in line with technical needs, scheduling and priority level, and ensuring closure expenditure is within the original budget.
- Managing the cost control process within budget for discipline for routine and non-routine jobs and modifications, in order to keep expenditures within budget limits.
- Providing technical input on contractor performance to the CI Team and Contract Analyst.
- Focussing on cost savings for a mature asset operating model.
- Providing technical input to contract tenders and negotiations relating to maintenance services.
- Providing specialist technical/engineering advice and guidance to site / offshore personnel on the management of structural equipment, ensuring highest safety standards, a timely response to queries and minimal disruption to operations.
- Developing, reviewing, and auditing procedures involving integrity assessment.
- Acting as guardian of platform structural models, ensuring they are maintained and kept up to date.
- Monitoring and advising on weight control and structural integrity issues.
- Ensuring all relevant inspection and maintenance procedures and documentation related to discipline are maintained in an accurate manner and status is available on request.
- Ensuring that inspection activities are appropriately prioritised within operations maintenance plans.
- Preparing/reviewing scopes of work for vendor services, making recommendations on preferred contractors and co-ordinating vendors, materials, and equipment for planned and unplanned activities. Monitoring and controlling manpower usage, vendor / contractor performance and expenditure. Leading, as appropriate, in vendor / contractor audits.
Applicants to this role require:
- Degree qualification in a relevant Engineering discipline is essential.
- Chartered Engineer status would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar role, directly within the North Sea oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Extensive experience covering structural/civil design and integrity management activities is essential.
- Applicants should have strong knowledge of fixed and floating oil and gas facilities design, construction, and operation with offshore experience, particularly in the North Sea.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team