Senior Systems Engineer - VR/26515
Renowned Westhill based IT managed services provider is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis. This varied and challenging role offers the ideal opportunity for an IT Technician to make the step up to a senior role where they can represent the company while also expanding and developing their own skills and knowledge.
The Senior Systems Engineer role provides technical assistance and solution designs to all customers. Success is based on high performance, successful customer engagements with acceptable survey results. The Senior Systems Engineer will report to the Operations Team Leader.
Duties and Responsibilities
- ConnectWise manage usage – entering and updating customer tickets.
- 1st line call handling and ticket creation (catch and dispatch).
- ConnectWise automate usage and connect/control usage.
- Operational risk flagging / reviewing with Technical Operations Manager.
- Remediation planning for customer issues.
- Accurate time management and ticket updates.
- Personal drive for continuous improvement.
- Customer site visits.
- Acquiring supplier quotations.
- Assisting customers with incident resolution.
- Providing assistance to the PA for credit card orders on supplier portals.
- Pre-sales tech support for quotations – sales/pricing queries.
- Incident resolution and project implementation.
- Active Directory user support administration.
- Exclaimer and SSL administration.
- Email communication to customers and Management Team.
- Backup checks and backup recovery activities.
- Holiday submissions in e-days.
- Expense and overtime submissions.
- TOIL submissions for Flex-Fridays in e-days.
- Customer interaction, both remotely and onsite.
- Personal development planning.
- On call support for customers with 24/7 support contracts through the managed rota.
- Switch, Access point and firewall administration.
- Professional outsourced services activities.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Business degree is preferred but not essential.
- Considerable experience in a similar role within the IT sector.
- Commercial, financial, and operational awareness.
- Inspiring communicator across all levels of the business and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experienced, credible, and capable of influencing others.
- Honest, reliable, resilient, and adaptable with good judgement.
- Well-presented and business-like, able to represent the company at external functions.
- Committed to delivering quality, customer satisfaction, upholding the values of the company.
TMM Recruitment INDIT
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team